Chapter 2 .

Lily

Jin lead us through the halls. The ball of light he made trailed above us wherever we went.

"The children can stay in this room," he said and opened a door on the right. There were two twin beds inside along with a dresser and an open chest that was filled with toys. I had no idea why vampires would want a room suited for children. I decided it was best not to dwell on it. Richard held a sleeping Marcos in his arms. He stepped into the room. Monica followed him and lifted the covers so Richard could place Marcos down. Monica then tucked the blankets around Marcos. Juan followed them in. He slid into the same bed as his brother. His brown eyes peeked out us.

"I guess I'll take the other bed," Arthur said. He walked to the empty bed - Molly close by his side - and got in under the covers. Molly jumped up onto the bed and settled in next to him. She put her head on his chest. He stroked the top of her head.

"I'll show you to the next room then,"Jin said and started to head out.

"Wait," Juan sat up and stretched out a hand to us. "Is no one going to stay with us?"

"I'll sleep in here too," Hunter said. "Let me just see where everyone else's room is first and then I'll be back."

Both Juan and Arthur visibly relaxed. "Okay," Juan said. He slid back down under the covers and threw an arm protectively over his little brother.

Jin led the way down the hall to the next room. I kept my eyes on Gunnor just to make sure he was with us and not staying in the room with the children. He trailed after us. He smirked at me when he saw me watching him. Tingles ran down my spine and my body went cold. I gripped the handle on my ax a little tighter.

"Someone can stay in this room." Jin opened the next door on the left.

"I will," Richard said. He took a step into the room with the queen sized bed, but he paused and nudged Darren. Then he nodded his head to the bedroom.

"Me too," Darren said. The two of them entered the dark room and closed the door.

Jin paused as he stared at the closed door. "Alright," he said. He led the way to the next door on the right. He opened it.

Monica stepped in and scanned the room. There was a king bed inside. "We'll stay here," she said and grabbed Maria's arm. She pulled Maria inside with her.

"I'll stay with them," Bev said and stepped inside.

"You do know there is a room for each of you, right?" Jin asked. "You don't all have to stay in the same room."

"I don't think they trust you not to drink their blood while they sleep," Hunter said.

Jin turned to look at him. "We don't drink blood without permission. Other vampires might, but we don't."

"But you can charm them into giving you permission," Hunter said.

Jin remained quiet at that. The two of them stared at each other for a few moments. "If we really wanted to drink from them by force," Jin said in a dark tone, "it doesn't matter how many of them stay in the same room together. Not even you and your little sister could protect them if we really were going to do that."

Hunter swallowed hard, but didn't deny it. I didn't want to stay there. I wanted to take my sister and friends and leave that house right then.

"We're going to be okay, Hunter," Bev said. "If they were going to hurt us, they would have done it already. They are helping."