The council

{Emma's POV}

I was heading to my death.

I never knew that I was powerful. The council wanted me, and I was stupid and rejected this opportunity. I knew Zoe and the others would try to find me, so I covered up my trail.

I walked through the forest, wondering how they would kill me. I would try to reason with them, and if they don't listen, I at least won't go down without a fight.

I stood in the meadow where they said they would meet me, and I nervously fumbled with some grass. I looked up to see people in black cloaks, about 10 of them, and their faces were hidden. I stood up and brushed myself off, taking deep breaths.

"Emma Howton." A voice boomed. I looked up frightened, but tried to keep my cool.

"Present." I said confidently.

"You have been charged with dangerism. From which you could be a threat to the council. You have declined the position inside the council, so you shall therefore be decided with death." The voice boomed again. All of the council members took their cloaks off.

I saw 4 teenage girls, two looked exactly alike, and one had electric yellow hair, with sharp blue eyes, the second one had bright red hair with emerald green eyes. The two that looked alike had...green hair... and yellow eyes. O-kay?

Then there was a man. A man with black slicked back hair and red crimson eyes. He had pale skin and looked like he needed some sun. The girl standing next to him had short blonde hair and the same red crimson eyes. She looked the same as the man, so I expected that she was his daughter.

There were boys on the other side of the man, and one had brown hair and black eyes, another had black hair and green eyes, the third had dark red hair and pale yellow eyes, and the forth one had electric yellow hair and sharp blue eyes. There was a boy on the other side of the man, and he had black hair and the same red crimson eyes as the man. He was most likely the son.

"Hurry, Clouse. Grab her so we can finish this." The man said, holding his hand out. The boy with the dark red hair snarled and stepped closer to me.

"Please, hear me out!" I screamed, holding my hands in front of me before the boy grabbed me.

"The council does not hear out. Kill her!" The man growled, briskly walking back into the woods. His children smiled creepily and watched.

"No! No!" I yelled, being thrown onto my hands and knees. One of the girls threw an axe at the boy, and he caught it. He positioned it above my head and got ready to swing.

Take care of Zoe, Dylan.

{Zoe's POV}

We ran through the woods. Dylan and I were in wolf form and Logan was running quite fast beside us.

"Where could she be?! She wasn't at the cave, where?!" Logan asked, frightened. He ran a hand nervously through his hair. Why was he so stressed? Did he say something wrong to Emma?

I whined and sniffed. I smelt... Fabric? More wolves, and definitely this weird smell... Sulfur?

I barked and ran towards the scent, Dylan and Logan running after me. I skidded into the meadow watching something horrible unfold in front of me.

Emma was about to die.

She was kneeled in front of a boy with an axe, while other people watched. Logan's eyes widened, and he was the first to react.

"No!" He shouted, thrusting his hand out. A powerful gust of wind came from his fingers and hit the boy, sending him and the axe backwards into a tree.

Dylan ran forward and dragged Emma back to us.

"You idiots! You've angered them more! Run! All of you!" Emma snarled, looking behind her frantically. Dylan and I transformed.

"You think we were just going to let you die?!" I angrily asked my sister. She looked at me grimly.

"You weren't supposed to know." Emma answered sharply before turning around. I felt a pang of hurt fly through me.

"How could we not know? What is wrong with you?! Heading to your death like it doesn't matter?!" I snapped, making Emma turn around with a new fire in her eyes. I said too much.

"You think I WANTED to come out here? You think I WANTED this life?! You can think again buster if that's what you think! You're all hunky dory with your wolf-blood life, and us multi-hybrids have to follow the rules of the council and if we don't, we all die. You can turn into a wolf and sit back and relax, enjoy life. Us hybrids, we have the fear that any day of our lives, we could die!" Emma said, a little drop of rain hit my head, Emma's eyes looked like a storm cloud and her platinum blonde hair was whiter than usual.

"I-I'm sorry." I mumbled, glancing at Logan and Dylan. Logan looked grim and Dylan was staring at Emma with wide eyes.

"You better be." Emma snapped, turning back around. I felt bad immediately.

The 'council' turned to us with angry eyes and expressions. The girl with blonde hair and red eyes scanned our little group.

"Kill the sibling." She announced to her brother. The boy nodded and stared at me with intent eyes. Emma tensed and moved into a jumping position, Dylan was starting to come around to move towards me.

The boy pulled something from his cloak and then everything went in slow motion.

BANG!

Next thing I knew, Emma was standing in front of me. She turned around with a hand on her stomach. I gasped and she uncovered it with her hand. There, in her black 'Kill the cows' shirt, was a little red hole in her stomach. They shot her.

"Emma, no!" I cried, unable to move.

"You'd do the same for me." Emma said, cracking one last smile before falling onto the ground, motionless. Logan fell to his knees and held Emma's head in his lap.

"No, no." Logan sobbed. I cried and cried. Dylan stood there in shock, a single tear falling out of his eye.

I wiped my tears and looked up at the council. They were all standing there, not breathing.

"Go to hell you monsters!" I yelled. The girl with the red eyes grinned.

"We're not the only monsters." She cackled.

That's when all hell broke loose.

_____________________

Heyo! Emmer here, I'll be writing the next few chapters, because I'm more brutal than Zoe, so that's why I killed my own character! Big surprises in the next chapter, stay tuned!

-Emmer 😭😭😭🐳

(Hehe whale.)

Ima do it for Zoe,

Welp...
Have a penguin day! 🐧🐧🐧