4- Tony

I finally got away.

I thought she might never allow me to leave. Aren't mum's meant to force you to go to school, not try and make you stay home. Stay home just to take care of her poor, drun- Whatever, I'm sixteen, she can't make me do anything. It's her fault anyway. Her fault she's like it. Her fault I'm like this.

I guess I can't really blame her, I don't know what it must have been like. And it's not like she forced the drinks down my neck, that was my decision, I guess. I turned to the same solution as her but only because of her influence on me. I don't know.

Anyway, I did still arrive on time for school, so it's all good.

New term means new seats. So as I walked into English, I had no idea where to sit. I didn't know anybody. There were a few people scattered around the room, mainly in the middle, so I headed for the back. As the classroom gradually filled, there were a few dubious looks given my way. Not going to lie, most people ignore or stay away from me. Just because I have a few tattoos and tiny little spacer. I don't even mind that much. I got a few mates, I don't need anyone else. It could be way worse- I could get bullied about my look or something.

I was actually pretty surprised when the seat next to me got filled. I vaguely recognised the face of the pretty girl, but I couldn't place it.

"Hey, you're the Tony guy, in a band with Hime, right?"

"Oh, yeah, you're umm.. I'm sorry I don't remember your name at all. How did you remember mine?"

"You're kind of hard to forget, you know, with the tattoos and that. Anyway, I'm Becca."

"Oh yeah, Hime's mate, you never did answer how you met."

Knowing Jaime, that was a good story. My bet was it involved either something animal or cartoon related.

"Well, basically, one time, I was wearing a Sponge Bob top at my mums BBQ and Jamie ran up to me and shouted- hey, this is Hannah. I'll finish later." She gestured to the girl getting into the seat two chairs down from me. Hannah looked pretty cool- not much hair but a few rings (a lip and an eyebrow).

"Hey," I smiled at the Hannah girl, "You alright?"

"Well...as alright as I'm gonna be, I guess." She mumbled. "No wait, I'm VERY alright," she perked up, "I just remembered. SWS are going on tour soooooon!"

"No way, really! We have to get tickets!" Becca shouted, earning a funny look from some obnoxious blonde boy for her excitement.

"That's awesome, I didn't even hear about that!" I said.

"You listen to Sleeping With Sirens? Wait scrap that, you know who they are?" Asked Hannah.

"Well yeah, what did you think I listened to? One direction?"

"Well, no," she said, getting out her book and planner as she gave me a once over. "Although actually, is that a princess castle tattoo I see?"

After Becca and I had finished chuckling, I managed to compose myself enough give Hannah a straight face and say: "Yeah well, you don't exactly look like someone who should be in top set English either."

The teacher called for attention while Hannah retaliated in a mocking whisper shout. "Says you, turtle tat's. The only convincing bit is ya' big nerd glasses."

"Hey, leave him alone. He rocks them." Becca defended me. "Oh, before I forget to ask, is that a band on your top?" Becca whispered.

"Yeah, their pretty new at the moment, but their gonna be big: Of Mice & Men," I replied, just as quietly. "Give them a try, they're awesome."

"Will do."

"Mr. Perry, would you care to tell the class whatever is so important that Becca must be informed in the middle of my class?" The scrawny old teacher mocked.

"Sure. Everyone should listen to Of Mice & Men. Have a nice day. That is all."

A few people laughed, other just looked confused and Miss sent me a glare before calling a register. I could feel Becca laughing softly beside me as Hannah let out a small snort.

"Wait, Of mice, isn't that the Attack Attack! guy?" Asked Hannah.

"Yeah, Austin Car - something, lead vocal\yelling. Don't know if he plays something."

"Perry, DETENTION!" Wow, she screamed better than Austin.