curry

jaebum sat behind the counter, his physics book sprawled out in his lap. it hadn't been a busy day so he had a lot of time to study.

he heard the bell ring, signaling that a customer came in. he bookmarked his page before setting his book to the side and standing up. he muttered a 'hello, how can i help you?' as he tried to boot up the ipad that they used to take orders.

"could i have curry fried chicken?" a deep voice spoke up, jaebum had to keep himself from sighing because he has gone through this many times.

once they run out of curry, the kitchen won't make more because it takes a while to cook and they just happen to be out today.

"we don't have cu-" jaebum was prepared to tell him but at he looked up, he met eyes with one of the prettiest guys he's ever met.

"you don't have?" the guy asked, trying to get jaebum to say something.

"umm, never mind. for here or to go?" jaebum flushed red, inwardly rolling his eyes at himself.

"to go please." the guy smiled at him before pulling out his wallet.

"could i get a name for that order?" jaebum asked, his eyes locked onto the ipad in front of him.

"jinyoung." the guy, who was now identified as jinyoung, answered before pulling out a $20 bill.

"your total would come out to $9.50." jaebum finally looked up to glance at jinyoung, who just smiled at him and handed over the bill.

"would you like your receipt?" jaebum asked, nodding when jinyoung muttered a 'no thanks'.

"keep the change." jinyoung added before taking a seat on one of the tables to wait.

"thank you." jaebum called out before he was being manhandled by bambam.

"what the hell dude? we don't have cur-" bambam started to say a bit too loudly before jaebum clamped his hand over his mouth and dragged him into the kitchen. 

"what?" bambam asked as soon as jaebum released him.

"hurry up and cook a packet of curry." jaebum snapped at him, causing bambam to scoff.

"jackson! jaebum took an order of curry." bambam called out, sticking his tongue or when jaebum glared at him.

"what? why? i am not gonna cook cur-" jackson came out of the corner that was used to hide from the cameras.

"shut up and cook it!" jaebum snapped at him, causing jackson to scoff before cutting open a packet of curry.

"are you serious?" bambam pushed jackson, crossing his arms over his chest in annoyance.

"hey, i'm just trying to do my job." jackson shrugged before he started preparing the meal.

"thank you, jackson." jaebum eyed bambam before heading back to the front.

"your food with be ready in a couple more minutes." jaebum smiled at jinyoung, who looked up from his phone and gave him a nod accompanied with a smile.

"you go to seoul university, right?" jinyoung asked, catching jaebum off guard as he was trying to read more.

"um, yeah." jaebum awkwardly replied, setting his book down once again.

"yeah, i thought i've seen you around. what's your major?" jinyoung asked, getting you from his chair to stand closer.

"criminal justice, what about you?" jaebum asked, proud that he was able to keep the conversation going.

"psychology. how you holding up in there? it's kind of tough." jinyoung asked, tucking his phone into his back pocket.

"i think i'm going good. no failing grades yet." jaebum laughed, watching as a smile spread across jinyoung's face.

"that's great, maybe we cou-"

"to go for jinyoung!" bambam's screech cut off what jinyoung was going to say and jaebum suddenly had the urge to strangle someone. jinyoung quickly took the bag of food from bambam.

"oh um, thank you." jinyoung flashed bambam a charming smile, getting a sarcastic smile in return before bambam turned to leave.

"it was nice meeting you, um..." jinyoung turned to jaebum, prompting for his name.

"oh, jaebum, im jaebum." jaebum scrambled to get the words out, blushing when jinyoung laughed a little.

"jaebum, i'll see you around." jinyoung smiled at him before shifting the bag of food to his other hand.

"yeah, see you." jaebum waved at him, waiting for jinyoung to get out of the cafe before storming to the back.

"you ruined my chances, he was probably gonna ask me to hang out or something." jaebum pointed an accusing finger at bambam, earning a small scoff in response.

"oh please, i didn't do anything." bambam slapped jaebum's hand away from his face before calling out to jackson.

"what a dipshit." jaebum shook his head before grumpily heading to the front.

*

"hello, what can i help you with?" jaebum monotone voice came out as he prepared to take the order on the tablet.

"could i have curry friend chicken?" a familiar voice rang out, jaebum looked up and his eyes were met with jinyoung's who was smiling at him.

"s-sure, for here or to go?" jaebum asked, his eyes snapping down to look at the tablet.

"for here." jinyoung smiled, taking out his wallet to pay, jaebum quickly grabbed a number and placed it in front of Jinyoung.

"$9.50." jaebum shyly muttered, taking the $20 bill in his hands.

"receipt?" jaebum asked, printing it out when jinyoung gave him a nod.

"keep the change." jinyoung smiled at jaebum before taking his receipt and number.

"again? seriously?" bambam exasperatedly asked, earning a guilty smile from jaebum.

"i don't get payed enough for this." bambam sighed before heading towards the kitchen.

as soon as bambam prepared the dish, he was ready to take it out and almost dropped it in surprise when jaebum snatched it from him.

"i'll take it." jaebum smiled before heading off towards jinyoung's table.

"fine by me." bambam scoffed and headed back into the kitchen.

"here you go, anything else?" jaebum asked, setting the plate down in front of jinyoung.

"i could use some company." jinyoung shrugged, smiling when jaebum blushed.

"you're lucky that nobody's here." jaebum teased before sitting down in front of him.

and the rest of the night was spent on getting to know each other.

"i actually didn't need my receipt. here, i'll see you later, jaebum." jinyoung handed jaebum his receipt before waving and leaving the cafe.

"wha-" jaebum stopped himself he saw that jinyoung scribbled his phone number down on the receipt.

"score!" jaebum smiled brightly, folding the receipt and placing it inside his hoodie pocket.