0.5| Ghost number 7

I will tell you something that no government will ever tell you.

They have assassins. Sure you have heard of the government having a secret facilitated laboratories experimenting on beyond-Earth creatures, spies that may be even staring at you from the camera in your phone at the moment and you don't even know, detectives at the prowl scanning around the whims of the world and ,of course, hackers that can write codes to work through any technological being.

But none will tell you assassins exist. Well, they do exist but the governments will deny any of the assassins working for them. That is a clear white lie and reason why you haven't heard of them is because they are excellent at hiding themselves. Well, the assassins live in the shadows literally.

How do I know?

I am an assassin too. Our founding father, who was a known killer, had stroke a deal  with Lucifer himself when the nobles caught him thousand years ago. Since then we have developed the ability to fade in the dark shadows along with a genetically slender body and eyes of dark cyan to mark the assassins race.

At the age of 23, I was on the mission to take the life of a royal prince who lived in the castle that could belong to Rural England. My methods of how to seep the souls of the common humans was what I prided over myself as I was perched on the watch tower.

However, my sharp eyes picked on the sight of white feathers behind me in time to turn around but it was too late. The bullet was lodged already in my heart knocking the wind out of lungs. The figure held my throat and threw me over the watch tower, the latest kill. But just before I fell to the ground, I heard, "The time has come. Finally you are for my service. "

As darkness washed me over, my mind said the word, finally I will die but why did the voice seem familiar?

The memories surfaced from inside me. I should have died this time. But I didn't.

I should have died 5 years ago. But I didn't.

I'm still alive.

Why 5 years ago? I was in a harrowing car accident. If my parents were so careful of where they were heading in the dark rainy night with my mother reciting verses from Bible, it was bound to be a safe journey.

But no. I had a father who loved me like alcohol and an atheist mother who wore crosses to piss off the usual churchgoing neighbours. Not that being atheist and a lover of alcohol is taboo but throw a 18 year old drug addict of a daughter in the mix and voilà. Beautiful combo, ain't it?

6 broken ribs, a collapsed vertebrae, leg bone snapped in half inside (okay not cleanly snapped like a twig but broken nonetheless) and a severe case of concussion which led to the doctors believing I should have been dead. Their wonder was how my brain was still working and how my heart was still pumping blood to pieces of me. Literally not those annoying "pieces of my soul left to heal" cliche novel pieces, please.

Why was I just not dead like my parents are?

Life just had the perfect plan set out for me. Which unfortunately depends on this "being" that I'm going to talk about after a few minutes who decided it was "fun" to see a girl writhing in the pain of the fatal accident.

When I was rushed to the hospital, a nurse apparently had screamed seeing my state, as I later came to know. I wouldn't blame her considering the accounts of my state the doctors had provided me when I asked.