Ken didn't speak for a minute. He just gathered items and set them on the counter. When he finally faced us, he looked utterly defeated, "Ryan handed me the termination papers last night. He said that it wasn't worth it anymore. I don't know what to do. I don't want to end things. I feel so stupid for allowing things to get this bad,"

My mouth dropped in surprise, "He did what? No, that's not right. Ryan and I talked the other day. He was going to plan a special surprise for you guys and try to settle the issues,"

"Obviously not anymore. I bet that bastard Rich has something to do with this,"

Ken turned and focused on the skillet on the stove. I felt bad for him. He genuinely seemed to like Ryan and I couldn't believe Ryan would do something like this. Especially after getting us all excited about this big surprise.

Daniel was silent the entire time. He was focused on something on his phone rather than his friend. I nudged him a little and he looked over at me with a mischievous grin. I was confused why until he showed me what he was looking at.

Messages from Ryan were on his screen.

'Phase one complete. Thank you, Master Knight!'

'He has no idea for tonight. He's sitting in the kitchen moping'

Daniel and I shared a grin behind Ken's back. So, I was right. Ryan was planning a surprise, but that still didn't explain the termination papers. Ryan has said nothing to us about giving Ken those.

Giving termination papers to a Dom was essentially like destroying their reputation inside the club. No Dom would respect them and no sub would trust them. I just hoped that Ryan had done it away from the rest of the patrons in the club.

Ken's shoulders were tense for the rest of the time he was cooking and I felt bad for him, but I was also interested in what he was making for us. He told Daniel and me to talk while he cooked so we wouldn't figure out what he was doing. Unfortunately, Daniel seemed to be in no mood for talking and was completely focused on his phone.

Ken turned around and moved his head towards Daniel. I shook my head and he gave me a pointed stare that basically screamed for me to talk. Last night, I probably would have been okay, but the air had changed and Daniel was closed off.

Ken rolled his eyes at me, "So, Daniel, did you and Quinn have fun last night?"

I stole a glance at Daniel before training my eyes to the counter. Daniel's phone dropped to the counter and I could see the calendar on it. He was making a new item in his schedule, but I couldn't read what it was.

"Last night?" Daniel turned to me and cleared his throat, "Yeah, I think we had fun. I think Stella also enjoyed having someone else around to bother. Did you have fun, Quinn?"

I let out a breathy laugh, "Uh, yeah. I did, actually. Except when I had to get my motorcycle out of the rain. I did not enjoy getting rained on,"

"Oh, that reminds me, I put your clothes in the dryer last night. I'll get them after breakfast so you can be on your way,"

My smile fell a little, "Oh, right. Thank you,"

He was already sending me packing? I don't know why I felt disappointed. Daniel has invited me to lunch. Yesterday. I had obviously overstayed my welcome and it was time for me to go. If Daniel sensed my change in mood, he didn't acknowledge it as he focused on his phone again. Ken gave me a pitying look and I went back to staring at the counter, feeling slightly worse than I had before.

"Okay, gents. Breakfast is ready. We are having pancakes and eggs! Specifically, because I didn't really have enough time to think of something better. I will be stealing your idea eventually though, Quinn,"