the fifth

Reece was sweating coldly when he heard the loud piercing scream slamming through the night. His battery was close to dying and he knew, once the battery would be gone, he'll be doomed.

He tried his best not to panic while looking down. Scott was still moving due to Reece's movements but uncoordinated, difficult to handle and control. Reece wanted to panic, scream even because Scott under him was like a wobbly doll.

Nothing Reece would be able to control. And the small little bone inside of the tree just seemed to get further and further away. Reece didn't know what to do, he couldn't panic. He wasn't allowed to panic.

The dark was actually something, Reece was very afraid of, especially in such an environment. He was scared shitless but was too afraid even to show this. Showing his anxiety was a weakness he couldn't afford, especially not in front of Samael and that other demon who was so interested in Miran.

Miran, his lovely little friend who was so tiny, so friendly, so bubbly... he didn't deserve any of this. Maybe Reece did for not studying in college or being ungrateful that his parents wanted to make him a politician. Maybe this was his punishment for wishing to escape his future. He didn't know.

But what he know, was that this was real. All of this. Samael. Their deal. It was all real and Reece needed to do something against it. He couldn't let Samael win.

So he gritted his teeth, forcing Scott to step into the direction of the tree.

"This is insane", he mumbled, his long red hair fell into his eyes when he moved the straps, watching how Scott moved so wobbly.

Reece cried out in frustration when Scott fell to the side because the straps were too loose.

"Fuck, no", Reece couldn't think about Scott. He couldn't think about his best friend being this lifeless creature on the ground, moving without any own will.

This wasn't Scott. This wasn't his best friend he spend so many years with, growing up with him and Miran. It wasn't possible. And Reece especially couldn't think of all the cruel things that must have happened to little sweet Scott to turn him into this.

Things that will happen to him and Miran too if he fails.

"C'mon Reece, you can do it", Reece tried to assure himself, moving the straps harsher this time. And finally, Scott moved into Reece's wished direction.

The male nearly collapsed onto the ground from relief.

Miran was panting hard, running for his dear life, trying to find a way out of the forest. His head was spinning from Caym's last words he told him with his significant smirk.

"Run. And hope that I don't catch you, beautiful. Because if I do, I'll take you as mine."

His breath was speeding up and his lungs felt like they would explode every moment when he would take another breath. His legs were burning from running too fast and for too long and Miran over all felt like dying because of the pain shooting through his body.

But he couldn't give up right now, he needed to get out of the forest to get help. To help Reece, Emmett and Will. These three were his best friends and his life, taking care of him ever after his parents died.

"Oh Miiiran! You need to run faster to escape me!", the dark, evil voice pierced through the woods, making Miran sob when he sped up his pace even though his body was protesting louder and louder.

It was dangerous to run through a pitch black forest on full speed, not seeing anything but there were lives more important than this. No light was helping Miran and the poor panting boy didn't understand that he ran into a trap.

Caym knew the forest better than he did. And he knew how desperate Miran was to escape. Too bad that Miran was actually running towards a dead end.

The small brunet screamed loudly in pain when his ankle was suddenly twisted and he almost fell, crashing into a tree. Crying out in pain, Miran tried to steady himself to continue running.

But he was stopped when strong, muscular arms were pressing him against the tree. A knee in between his soft thighs stopped him from moving away, a thick, muscular thigh connected to the knee.

Hands grabbed him, one grabbed the nape of his soft delicate neck while the other grabbed his hands, bringing them over his head. Miran struggled in the strong grip, squirming around. His ankle was pounding in pain and a soft whimper left his red bitten lips.

Red eyes stared at Miran and the small boy fearfully stared back, somehow finding the red beautiful and fascinating.

"Little Miran... I caught you", the hoarse voice of Caym whispered, his lips only inches away from Miran's.

His cold breath fanning over the boy's skin. The bite mark on the side of Miran's neck started to burn when a cold finger traced the outlines of the wound. Miran flinched back but squeaked in pain when claws digged into his skin.

"And you know what will happen when I catch you?", Caym whispered, admiring the expression of fear evident on the petit boy's beautiful face. The little human was ethereal, stunning and Caym licked his lips, knowing that the tiny angel wasn't able to see him.

Caym had never a slave this beautiful and stunning before. And he was sure, that he would never let Miran go again. There was something about the small boy that fascinated him. After living so long, Caym has finally found the one he wanted to keep for the rest of his immortal life.

Miran Wolffe.

Caym's lips grazed over Miran's and the boy whimpered helplessly, squirming weakly around. He was pinned to the tree by the bulky forest demon, fully at his mercy. There was no escape anymore.

"I'll make you mine."

Miran screamed before Caym's lips shut him down. Forever.

The human was the first victim of the forest demons.

And now, Reece was fighting alone.