Chapter 7: Progression

The sun was fresh in the sky, shining through the broken windows with it bright light. Kylie's phone began to beep, telling her to get out of bed and get ready for the day ahead. She got out of her bed, which was a blow up mattress. She looked around the old living room that she had slept in. Very little progress was made on the house, and it would be a while until real progress would be made. Not until Bentley, Amelia, and she finished the remodel of their new office.
Kylie got out of bed and got herself ready for the day. She went to the old bathroom, showering in near darkness from the aged and horribly quality of the light bulbs installed. She then returned to the living room where all of her suitcases were. She looked inside the bags, pulling out the things that she would wear for the day. When she finally settled on a white t-shirt, a black leather jacket, and a pair of black pants. She then left her house, leaving it unlocked. Then she walked down the street to the mansion, where she hopped in the car with Bentley and Amelia to the office.
This Thursday morning was warmer than usual, or at least warmer than the mornings where you had to start the car up before you left the house. The three of them just got in the car and drove off.

5 days ago, Dawn and Jasmine were put into a hospital after the accident. The two had fallen off of Bradon's balcony and ended up in the hospital. The height from the fall and onto the concrete was only 20 feet, but was still hard enough of an injury for Dawn to break her arm and sprain an ankle, while Jasmine broke two ribs and get another concussion.
The police showed up and asked what had happened. All they could explain was Jasmine shoving her sister off of the balcony, and that was enough to have her sent to a mental hospital. Jasmine received surgery and was sent to a special care unit. Dawn was kept until Sunday evening and returned to the mansion.

Jasmine felt herself fall from the balcony of the third floor and onto the second floor patio, hitting the ground with a thud, and opening her eyes to find herself laying in bed. Not any bed, but a bed with regular brown sheets, a single pillow, held within a room with a dresser, a sofa, and a table. The only window was in the bathroom connected to the living space she was in, and was sealed with metal wire and barely a foot wide, farther towards the ceiling. Jasmine got out of bed, and walked up to the door at the front of the room, only to realize it was locked. She tugged on the door harder, eventually slamming her hands against it as she bursted into tears. "Let me out!" Jasmien cried, hitting the palms of her hands against the metal doors, stinging her hands with every blow. The door opened very slightly, and a person snuck inside, with the nametag "Miles" pinned to his black polo shirt. "Hello, Ms. Taylor." He said, bringing in a plate of pancakes and oatmeal. "Where am I?" Jasmine asked. "Newcrest Mental Health And Disease Hospital." Miles said. "I will be your assistant around here on Mondays through Wednesdays, and Jenna will be your assistant from Thursday to Saturday, Natasha will be your assistant on Sundays." Miles said. "I don't need an assistant." Jasmine said. Miles smiled. "Well who else will give you your medicine and food?" Miles said. "Me! Cause I can live on my own!" Jasmine cried. "When do I get out of here?" Jasmine said. Miles tensed up. "No one has told you?" Miles said. "I just woke up. Surprise no one but the assistants were around again." Jasmine said. "You'll be in here for life." Miles said. The word 'life' struck Jasmine, and she felt herself go cold. "Forever?" She cried. "It was here or a prison. You murdered two people and nearly killed two others, one who only suffered a couple of scars and broken limbs, and the other was nearly poisoned with drugged milk" Miles said. Jasmine remembered getting shoved off the edge with Dawn. But the drugged milk? That wasn't Jasmine.. "What am I going to do here for the rest of my life?" Jasmine cried. "Don't worry. A lot of people here are startled with that thought when they first get here, but it'll be fine. You will make friends, and family will visit. It's like living in an apartment, really." Miles said. "An apartment that you can never leave, or see the outside world from." Jasmine said. "I don't want this." Jasmine said. Miles signed. Not knowing what to say. "You were tested with high dysfunctioning personality problems." Miles calmly added. "What does that mean? That I'm insane?" Jasmine said. Miles didn't answer. "You're mental health has gone up in the last week. Could there be a reason why?" Miles asked. Jasmine squirmed in the bed. "There's been a lot going on lately for me. My twin brother died, but then he came back to life? Then one of my neighbors-" Jasmine started. She looked at Miles concerned stare. Jasmine couldn't let him know how crazy she really was. If so, there was no way she could ever get out of here. She would have to fake her way into getting released. "My neighbor killed himself in front of his friends and family, and then I took my sister over the balcony in the process of escaping the room he had died in." Jasmine said. Maybe he knew that wasn't true. Maybe there were reports that showed that her side of the story was wrong. But whatever she could say to be released, she had to try. "I'm so sorry to hear that!" Miles said. His tone wasn't fake, like he was agreeing with her because he knew she was crazy, that she was just some mind-dead toddler who was making up random words as they went along in life. His tone was real. That he believed it. Jasmine nodded, but under her pitiful smile for herself, she was laughing at her own wicked behavior.
Miles left the room. Leaving Jasmine to herself in the room. Leaving her to plot out her revenge on her family, her neighbors, the people who were torturing her. She would get her revenge. It wouldn't be soon. She would have to find a way out of this hell and unleash her built-up revenge on everyone. No simple shove-off the balcony. But something much worse. Her Hell was this prison. But their Hell would be living in an inescapable fire that would directly send them to one that burned for eternity.