Chapter 9: Self-Actualization

Kade slid the door that he installed a few weeks ago wide enough to let himself out through the gap. The horrible quality of the door drew itself against the nails and screws, causing it to creak. The noise woke Danny up, who had been sleeping on the couch as of last night. His mom finally realized that he wasn't showing up to school, and the fight lead to him living in the mansion. He was the last Taylor to bring the family back together. (Excluding Jasmine). "Get ready! We have a meeting with the team that we met yesterday in 2 hours. We need to be on our way to Newcrest soon." Kade said. "Why?" Danny asked sleepily. "They're hiring. I got us an appointment with them!" Kade said. Danny sighed, getting himself up. "They aren't going to hire us. Neither of us have High School diplomas." Danny said. "I know. But that isn't what they look for. They're just looking for employees." Kade replied. "And diplomas won't matter soon. I asked Alex to fly back to Idaho and pick up our diplomas from our principal. He said he would head out today and return them." Bentley said. "You're up early." Kade said. "I know. You woke me up. Talk quieter before 9." Bentley said. "What are you gonna do today?" Kade asked. "Head down to the office. Get it cleaned up. Then we will start working there once we finish up and day." She said, drugging off down the hall.

Jasmine worked on her art assignment for the morning. This was her second day of attending an art class at the hospital, and today was going better than yesterday. Jenna was sick today, and Miles decided to fill in for her. That meant Jasmine could spend another day with him. They were getting to spend their weekend together.
She finished the painting of a clearing in the woods. The great dark pines were coming together, only half way colored while the sky around it was already filled in behind it with it's bright light blue color and the white near the base of the mountains in the background. "That looks great!" Miles said, taking the seat next to her. "Thank you." Jasmine said. "You should try painting." Jasmine added. "I'm not a patient." Miles said with a grin. "Doesn't mean you can't have fun while you're here." Jasmine replied. Miles grabbed a canvas and put it on the easel next to her, and began scribbling away. "It's been awhile since I've painted." Miles said. "It will still be better than mine." Jasmine said. Miles looked at her painting again. "Yah you're right." Miles replied. "That's so rude! I was fishing for compliments!" Jasmine cried. "I know." Miles said, working on his sketch.

"Paul, dear, where are all of the kids?" Cynthia asked. "Don't you remember? They all moved into the house next door." He replied. Cynthia looked out the laundry room window, seeing the large house that casted a long shadow over their roof. "It's a shame they spent so much money on constructing that monstrosity. If I had that money I would build something far classier than what they built." Cynthia commented. "Well, maybe if you had any money. But with you doing nothing and you're life and living off of me, I can see why you don't have the money to build such a house." Paul called from the kitchen. Cynthia found him standing over the sink. "You know I devoted my life to raising our kids. So excuse me for trying to spend time with the children and being the mother they needed." She said.
"Cyn, honey. You were never there for the kids. Brendon was praised his way out the door. Jasmine is nowhere to be found. The twins despised you so much that they left us the moment they turned 18."
"I was an excellent mother. Maybe I pushed too hard."
"Yah, you pushed them too hard out the door."
"I'll admit that I was more independent than other moms. Made more me time than they had. But I was not a bad mom."
"Just a minute ago you asked me where the kids were and I had to remind you they all moved out. You're not a bad mom. You're just not a good one."
"Where's all this negative energy coming from?"
"It's been built up since I knew the kids weren't mine and it was only about the money for you."
Cynthia glared at her husband. "I don't know what you're talking about. The children are as much yours as they are mine." She said, leaving the room to prove she had the last point to be made.

Alex brought his suitcase to the door, looking around the living room before he left. "Bradon?" He called out. There was a moment of silence, and soon the sound of rushing feet brought Bradon to the room. "Yah?" He asked. "Upstairs in my room, I left something for you to work on while I'm out of town. Get it set up before I return and that will be plenty of help." Alex said. "Alright. When will you be back?"
"Sometime tomorrow. I'm gonna grab the diplomas from the principal and stop and say hi to my family."
Alex then left after that. Quickly getting in the car and sending himself off to the airport.