Chapter 37

Caden

Rayne holds my right hand as I drive to the ceremonial grounds. I could feel how nervous and tense he was through the bond. I bring his hand to my lips and I kiss each knuckle. Rayne blushes and smiles at me.

"There's absolutely nothing to worry about, Rayne. Your wolf will guide you in what to do. All you need to do is recite an oath that the Elders will walk you through. Then your parents will transfer their titles to us. After that, we will eat and gather around a fire to celebrate. We can either choose to join our pack in the celebrating or we can go back to our cabin for some alone time."

Rayne's blush intensifies as he glances at the back of the car where our three pups sleep in their car seats.

"Where will the pups go?"

"I am sure that we can ask your parents to watch them. I want you tonight, Rayne. We haven't had sex in years."

"I know, I just didn't feel up to it. But I get it. It's time to break away from my fears and live a little."

Rayne had healed physically but the trauma from his painful pregnancy and even more painful birth had hung above him like a weight. Even though it was impossible for him to get pregnant at this point, he still feared the thought of getting pregnant. He did not want to go through what he went through ever again.

The doctors were surprised that he survived his pregnancy. They all commented on how extremely lucky he was to live after giving birth to three pups in his circumstances. My stomach had churned painfully as I thought about if Rayne had been pregnant with three pups. He would have died indefinitely.

"If you're not ready-,"

"No. I'm ready. There is no way that I am backing out of any of this. I am going to become Luna and after that, we are going to fuck all night."

"I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I think you have greatly overestimated our amounts of stamina. Taking care of three pups that are all the same age takes a toll on anyone. And I'm only twenty-four."

Rayne leans his head against the window, his mood changing.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," Rayne says. "I just... do you think that I'm a good father"

"Of course, Rayne. Why do you ask?"

"I feel like I could be better. All you do is take care of the four of us. Going through all my treatments with me while training the warriors, taking care of our pups, and being taught how to rule over a pack. I feel like I have done nothing to contribute to our family."

"Rayne... You went through a terrible pregnancy that hurt your body so much to the point that you almost died multiple times. I didn't expect you to wake up and immediately help me with the pups. I knew it was going to be a long and hard process for you to recover from. Our pups love you so much, Rayne. I love you. You are a wonderful father. You hold them, sing them lullabies, you read to them, and give them so much love. You are an amazing father."

"Thank you, Caden. I needed to hear that."

"Anytime, my lovely mate."