Chapter 18

Fallon

My heart clenches as I walk into the lounge room, finding Adrian curled up on the couch holding his big belly, crying. My wolf urged me to go over to comfort our little mate.

"Adrian," I say.

"Fallon..." Adrian whimpers, reaching his arms out to me. His hands fist up then stretch out towards me. I quickly make my way over to Adrian, lifting him into my arms. He immediately buries his face into the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent.

"My mother says that she can smell signs of early labor contractions on me. She said I'll have the pup within the next two days. But since she left, the contractions are only getting so much worse and you need to take me to the medical wing. Now. It hurts so bad!"

I curse under my breath as Adrian doubles over in pain. I carefully stand up with Adrian in my arms. He yelps and demands me to put him down so he could stand.

"It hurts when I'm not lying straight out on my back. I can't be lifted like that without it hurting. Fuck, it hurts. Please, just hold onto me while we walk down." I grab onto Adrian's arm and slowly guide him through the halls towards the medical wing.

'Alpha Zaryn,' I use mind link to try to contact Alpha Zaryn.

'What are you doing up, Fallon. After what happened I've been working hard to track down Sage and the Rouge pack who is with him. Is this important? Because I cannot afford to lose time while I sort out the security of the pack and sand out warriors to follow Sage.' Alpha Zaryn finally responds after a long minute of silence on his end.

'Your grandson is about to be born. I am just informing you in case you and Luna Eden would like to come down and support Adrian. His labor so far is very painful for him and it has only just begun.'

'I'll be right there,' Alpha Zaryn says hastily through the link.

I take Adrian the rest of the way to the medical wing where a nurse is standing there waiting for us at the entrance.

"Good Goddess, I could smell you from the other side of the packhouse! Let's get you into a hospital gown and we will give you an epidural to help with the pain once we get ou situated."

The nurse leads Adrian and me to a birthing room and cuts off Adrian's clothes so he doesn't have to strain his body while undressing.

"The epidural will block out the pain of the contractions so you are able to push your pup out more easily. "The nurse explains as she helps Adrian step into the hospital gown. The nurse sets Adrian up on a hospital bed with some type of holders for his legs to go into while he gives birth.

Alpha Zaryn and Luna Eden choose the exact moment, when the nurse pulls up the bottom half of Adrian's gown up, to burst into the room. Although it has been a chaotic night that has seemingly dragged on forever, they look surprisingly awake and ecstatic. Luna Eden rushes over to Adrian's sida and grabs hold of his hand.

Alpha Zaryn pulls up a chair next to me and sits down.

"It's been a crazy long night, yeah?" I say to him in an attempt to start up a conversation. I stare at Alpha Zaryn's side profile. He has dark circles under his eyes and a small frown working its way onto his lips.

"The warriors that I sent out to see if they could follow their trail... they cannot event find a scent trail of Sage. It's like they were never here. We need to find him soon. I have never seen someone with Sun Magic so powerful. I already fear for the safety of my children. And now I worry about Adrian, this pup, and Caden. I can't believe that that man is Caden's biological father. We now have to work especially hard to protect Caden from the Rouge pack, while protecting Adrian and his pup from Sage. Goddess, when did it all go wrong?" Alpha Zaryn puts his head into the palms of his hands and sighs deeply.