Chapter 2 - Dreaming of You

Începe de la început

-♔-

We sat through the entire class as usual and when break time came, I took out my sketchbook.

I flipped it open to my latest sketch of my dream guy – Ezio as I called him and grinned as I recalled my dream earlier. He's been in my dreams for as long as I could recall. It was like we practically grew up together!

Other kids had imaginary friends, I had a literal dream guy.

"Ahh... So you were with him again this morning, right?" C asked.

Her eyes sparkled with mischief but beneath that, I also saw warmth and happiness. She also looked as though she knew more but wasn't telling anything. I always felt that way about Claudine but chucked it down to my paranoia.

"Yes. Every time I close my eyes, he's there," I replied. My pencil flew over the page, sketching his chiseled features. I took more time to perfectly capture his compelling grey eyes. I could draw his eyes for hours and still not get it quite right.

"That's perfect, Aerith. It looks exactly like him," Claudine sighed.

"What? Have you seen him or something? I'm possessive with my dream guy, you know?" I quipped. Claudine threw back her head and laughed. "He's all yours. It's just that you've described him to me so many times and I've envisioned him in my head as well! That's exactly what I was thinking."

"I wish he was real." I sighed and tapped my pencil against the corner of the page.

I wished I could be like Pygmalion and Galatea from the famous myths.

Pygmalion was a sculptor and he created his perfect woman out of ivory. She was so beautiful that he fell in love with it. Pygmalion wished that he'd have a wife like her. Aphrodite took pity on him and instead of giving her a wife like the statue; she just brought it to life. The woman was called Galatea and she married Pygmalion and they lived happily ever after.

I took a deep breath and sighed. Happily ever after existed only in fairytales.

If only the story of Pygmalion and Galatea were true, I'd get a big, life-sized sketchbook and will spend hours upon hours just making sure all his features were perfect. Then, I'd wait overnight for the magic to happen. When I wake up, he'd finally be real.

But those are myths and myths were sort of like fairytales—they weren't real and there's no happily ever after.

"Maybe he is real and you haven't met him yet?" Claudine suggested.

I beamed. "Now wouldn't that be awesome?"

Claudine put a hand on my arm. "Aerith..." she began. "Hmm?"

"What if he is real but he's not what you were expecting?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, frowning.

"What if he's evil? What if he's hot-tempered?"

I shrugged. "There's good in everyone, C. For others, we might just have to dig deeper to find that good. No one is born evil. There's probably something that made him that way. I'm going to find out and I'm going to help him."

My friend smiled as she squeezed my hand. "Now enough of that. If I met him for real, I don't even know what I'm going to do! Maybe I'll just stutter and make a total fool of myself."

I envisioned this particular scenario in my head a lot of times already. Maybe I'd see him across a crowded dance floor. Maybe he'll be at the airport or a coffee shop. Maybe he'd order pizza and fall in love with me at first glance. I snorted at my ridiculous thoughts and focused on my drawing instead.

Well, a girl can dream.

"Nah. I don't think so. I know you'll meet him someday, Aerith. It is fated." Claudine's voice held so much promise that I giggled.

"I hope so." I replied.

********************************

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

Date posted: March 29, 2018 (GMT + 8)

Next update here on Wattpad: April 5, 2018

Chapters already available on Inkitt as of today: 18

Inkitt Link: https://inkitt.app.link/RA_AerithSage (also on external link) You can also go to my website at http://alyssaurbano.com/htbaq to get the link to my Inkitt profile.

Next update on Inkitt: as soon as I finish writing the next chapter, I post it right away so no update schedule here. I try to update 2 to 3 times a week and more if I have time. Again, if you want to read further, please just go there. I placed the link to my profile as external link.

Twitter: AerithSage