Chapter 7 - A Shopping Distraction

Maya woke up the next morning unsure how she does feel about her conversation with Josh the previous day.
It was a Saturday which means that both she and Riley plus Cory had no school or work of any sort.
She was up basically the entire night thinking about what Josh had asked her to promise knowing what was going through his head.
As she got ready she had no idea how she was gonna get her things in mind.
When she went outside of the room she saw that it was clearly not early.
She looked at her watch seeing that it was half past eight.

"Morning guys," Maya said.
"I need a shopping spree. Wanna get out of your comfort zone?" Riley asked and Maya looked at her.
"Yes. Just get my mind away from my father," Maya said.
"Makeover time then. I'm calling Smackle. Let's go," Riley said as she dragged Maya out of the apartment.

~

Maya was at Demolition trying on clothes as well as Riley when it seemed that Maya was actually finding some stuff close to her style which she actually liked.
It was very hot since that would only come in July but it also wasn't cold so Maaya thought that the Jean and T-shirt look would fit her which it did.

"What happened after my uncle went to see you?" Riley asked.
"I realized I am an idiot for thinking that anything could change. Your mom is a fantastic lawyer and I have fully trust in her. All I now need to do is to convince myself. What do you think?" Maya asked as she stepped out of the changing room.

"Maya, you look really nice. Well done. Who is the..."
"No one. I'm entering high school. New school, new me. I'll see how far I get," Maya said as she went back inside the room pulling the curtain close.

~

"Hey, Cory. Where on earth is that daughter of yours?" Josh asked as he stepped inside the apartment.
"She and Maya are clothes shopping. Maya wants a distraction from her father. Did you say something to her? She seems very... Well kinda weird," Cory said.
"What does that mean?" Josh asked clearly upset about what he has been told.
"Nothing. She just seems..."

"Don't get your brother worried over rubbish," Maya said as she walked to right next to Josh.
"Hey. Heard you girls were out shopping. You look nice. Had a good time?" Josh asked.
"I actually did. Thanks, Riles. We should do. It more often," Maya said.
"Your dad can come mess up everything anytime again if it means we get to go shopping," Riley said.
"Please not," Cory and Maya said at once.
"As much as I liked it yoy are way too much for me to handle," Maya said.