in sickness and in health part 2

hello my lovely readers !!! somehow i found the inspiration to write-a lot. so....here's the long awaited part two!!! 

Sophie gasped and ran towards him. "No, no, no, no..." She whispered under her breath, feeling for a pulse. She felt a faint, slow heartbeat, and tried to lift him. "What happened? What- how did this-" She stumbled over her words, feeling lightheaded and dizzy. "Fitz." She said, grasping onto his shoulders. "Please, please no." 

She saw the wound on his side, and resisted looking away because of the blood. "No, no, no." She began to call out. "Biana! Keefe! Someone, please!" She struggled to lift Fitz, gasping for breath. "Biana! Keefe! Please! Someone! I need help!" He voice caught, and she felt the tears beginning to fill her eyes. 

"No, Sophie." She told herself demandingly, trying not to let her voice shake. "You have to be brave. For Fitz. You can do it." She then attempted to lift Fitz. "If this will save you," She said, grunting under the pressure. "I'm willing to do anything." She then heisted him up, and travelled out of the game, holding up her leaping crystal (a/n: again, idk how the game actually works, so bear with me here) and teleporting out of there. 

She returned to Everglen, screaming as she saw more blood leak out of his wound. "Alden! Della!" She screamed, hoping someone would come and find her. "Biana! Keefe!" She desperately looked around for everyone. "Someone, please!" 

Suddenly, she heard a sound from behind her, and she whirled around. "Who's there?" She said apprehensively. "Sophie?" A familiar voice said. There  at the door stood Flori. 

"Flori!" Sophie gasped, running up and grasping her shoulders. "Please, I need help. Fitz needs help." Her voice cracked, and she stared at Flori pleadingly, tears filling her eyes. 

Flori nodded, a serious expression on her face. She grabbed onto both Fitz and Sophie and held up a leaping crystal. "Let's go to Elwin." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fitz was in a coma for about a week by this point. 

Which meant Sophie hadn't left Elwin's for a week. Or at least, she thought it was a week. She hadn't been outside in a week either and had no sense of day or night. 

She had taken care of Fitz to the best of her ability. She watched over him during the night, and slept while Elwin was there and trying to feed him medicine and inject fluids into him. 

She couldn't bear to watch that. 

She was sitting in her bed that Elwin had brought out for her after she threatened to sleep on the floor when he said she had to leave. Fitz was in the bed next to her, fast asleep. His arms were wrapped around Mr.Snuggles, and he looked peaceful. 

She wondered what was really going on in his mind. She wouldn't dare look. She didn't know what she would find, or whether she would be introduced to another bout of stuffy darkness. 

Fitz? She said softly, telepathically talking to him. 

I know you can't hear me. 

I miss you. 

Wake up. 

Everyone needs you. 

You've been asleep for a week, Fitz. 

I need you.

Please. 

Please. 

Wake up. 

She was about to give up, she was exhausted. She wished she could keep trying. But she felt her mental energy draining quickly, as she had been running on practically 5 hours of sleep. She tried one more time. Just once. 

Fitz, please wake up. I need you, and I can't live without you. 

She waited, holding her breath in anticipation. 

He didn't move. 

She began to cry, tears falling down her face slowly at first, and then coming in fast bursts. Messy, unattractive, hysterical bawling. She attempted to wipe her eyes, but instead her tears just came out faster. 

Suddenly, all time stopped as she heard a voice. 

"You know, you're pretty when you cry. But it's not fun to see you do it." 

She then began to cry harder, looking over at the teal-eyed boy. He looked tired, uncomfortable, sickly, and generally awful. 

But Sophie had never thought he looked more beautiful than at this very moment as she wrapped her arms tightly around him, soaking the bed and his shoulder with desperate, wet tears. 

She looked up into his bright, beautiful eyes, and declared with the bravest and most certain voice she could muster, 

"I love you." 

He smiled back at this, looking at her deep brown eyes and disheveled blonde hair, despite how much pressure she was putting on his wound, and replied, "Love you too." 

awh, here's the ending to part one of in sickness and in health! hope you liked this chapter! 

special shoutout to my queens,

Halfbloodkeeper

BookishBaudelaires

miyuthefangirl

RETRO-INDIGO

MrSnuggles4ever

-sadwheeler

inky_galaxies

spacenams

prettywheeler

and so many others!!! 

as i feel like i don't acknowledge u guys enough, so here is my acknowledgment <33 ily guys sm! 

thanks so much for reading and hopefully ill upload sometime soon (don't expect much with my ever so busy schedule) 

~naomi~