a/n

____________________________

hey guys,

i don't know if i mentioned it, but there is a life lesson in this story that is really important.

your parents.

i believe in unconditional love,
which i can only get from my parents. doesn't matter whoever comes to your life and how much the person would ever love you. he or her can never be the replacement of your parents.

i love my parents to death.
coming out to them was sort of coming out to myself. i educated them, and i wanted our relationship to keep growing. i wanted them to be a part of my life still. i wanted to be able to share with them what i was going through.

love and appreciate your parents. we are often so busy growing up, we forget they are also growing old.

so, even if your father or mother is a bricklayer, or a street sweeper, never be ashamed of your parents. their jobs may have made their hands dirty, but remember that their dirty hands produced the clean money that made you and what you are today.

i want you to think about your parents for a moment.

your birthday is their celebration,
your happiness is their joy,
your future is their legacy.
if they had to bury you, it would kill them.

so please next time they say "be safe"
or "let me know you get there ok"
don't just brush it off,
to them, you are everything.

i've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.

please, for the love of god,
hug your parents right now.
you have fought with them a lot, still they hugged you.
you neglected them many times, still they were beside you.
you made them sad with your words, still they loved you.
thank them for being the world's best parents.

-

thank you so much for reading my first mileven story.

i hope you liked it, as much as i liked it when i wrote it.

i'm also taking a break of writing, to spending more time for myself, my education, and my life. i'm not saying i am quitting writing books/stories, i'm just taking a break for awhile :)

al