That's when I realized that I was being too harsh about the whole thing.

"I'm sorry Amber. That was really an insensitive thing for me to say." I apologized.
"No, it's fine. You want to know why I was really mad at you the day I saw you hugging Liam?" She asked,  and I motioned her to go on.
"I was jealous."
"Of what? Me?" I gasped in disbelief.
"Yes, of you. You see that day I saw Liam hugging you, I saw content in his face and a smile I have never seen on his face. He hugged you like he's been waiting for you all his life."
"You're misinterpreting things, Amber." I chided.
"I'm not, but you can think whatever you want." She shrugged her shoulder nonchalantly.
"If you don't mind, can I ask you a question?"
"Yeah, Shoot."
"Who's the guy you were kissing?"
"Oh... That's James. He's been my associate model, like a partner, for the past ten years. We practically grew up together. Any shoot that requires a male and a female we always go together."
"Did he ever occur to you that why he kissed you is because he likes you?" I questioned.

Amber scoffed, "He doesn't like me. He knows he's just like my best friend and I already told him why I was doing what we did together." Amber shrugged.
I stood up and stared at her in disbelief. When Amber noticed me staring at her, "What?"
"The sad thing is that you are a really selfish person. You don't think of anyone apart from yourself and it's really sad. I have to get going." I hissed and was about to leave.

"Wait... Will you tell Liam? Please don't, I still love him. It was a silly mistake on my part." She pleaded.
I glanced at her in nothing but pity. It's really sad to see someone who's conscience is so far up her ass and she doesn't even care.
"I won't tell Liam..., " Amber sighed in relief and muttered 'a thank God'. "But not for you, but for Liam because he deserves hearing it from you. He deserves so much better Amber, please at least be honest. Tell him the truth and don't hurt him, he's too nice a guy to be treated like trash." I concluded as I walked to the counter, picked another wine and walked out of the bar.

Honestly, I feel so guilty that I have added yet another secret that I'm keeping from Liam. I feel like the worst sinner right now.

                * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"Earth to Lettie." He snapped his fingers in my face bringing me away from my thoughts.
"When did you get here?" I asked looking a bit flustered to be caught zoning out.

"Exactly my point. I have been standing here for quite some time and you didn't even notice me. Before now, I have been calling you and you were pretty zoned out. I had to walk all the way here, do you see the distance, a total of twenty feet or more. I don't pay you to be zoning out Miss Leticia." He said obviously joking, but as I was already fidgeting I couldn't even pick up that little fact.
"I'm so sorry boss," I said.

Liam brows furrowed as he looked at me in confusion, "Boss? Okay, something is really wrong with you. You never call be boss except for the first few weeks or days you started working here since then it's been shoeless CEO. Come on, tell me what's wrong with you." He asked settling with half his body weight on my desk.
"Oh, it's nothing. Just some little issues, nothing I can't handle." I waved the question off.
"Lettie I know something is really wrong. For the past three days, you've been wiping stray tears when you think I don't notice, then you pretend to smile, you never bring coffee in the morning, you never laugh at Chris's jokes and I know you are his ardent supporter. I can list a number of reasons why I know something is wrong to prove to you that I know you better than you think Lettie." He finished.

How can someone cheat on a person as amazing as this person? I asked myself. I think another reason why I was heartbroken when I found Amber was cheating on Liam is that I hoped she could at least offer him happiness should the truth be revealed. I was hurting Liam and he needed a soothing balm, that was what Amber should have been.

"Come on Lettie, you are zoning out again. What is wrong? You can tell me anything, anything at all." Liam said as he drew closer and cupped my face in his palms.
That little dose of kindness brought tears to my eyes and before I knew it I was bawling my eyes out like a little child whose candy was swiped.
"It's okay Lettie, it's okay. Shh... It'll be fine no matter what it is. Just know that'll be here for you no matter what." He said while rubbing my back soothingly.
"I'm a really bad person Liam and I'm sorry about that. I- I - I..." I wanted to spill out the whole bet thing with my sister but I couldn't get myself to speak about it.
"It's fine Lettie, there's always later. Okay?" He said and I bobbed my head in reply.
"So please stop crying. Besides, I have missed my daily coffee from the most amazing person I know." He winked.
I withdrew myself from his embrace, suddenly feeling so empty.
"I knew you only liked me for the favors I render. I feel so used right now." I joked while smiling a bit.
Liam clapped his hands together and smiled widely, "And that's the Lettie I know and love... I mean like, " He hastily corrected himself, looking so flushed.
"I know you love me. I mean who can resist this million-dollar personality?" I teased.

"Never stop smiling sunshine." He said and I blushed. Unlike the previous time when he stammered and corrected himself when he said I'm the lettie he loves, he was too caught up with smiling at me that he didn't realize when he called me sunshine. And honestly, it made me feel a tad bit special.

I think I'm falling for Liam. Although it seems scary, it also feels amazing. Do I sound crazy right now? Never mind, I heard love does that to you.