The Bonfire

You followed Alby around the Glade as he told you all about the history and explained what each part was and as he introduced you to many of the Gladers. After meeting the Medjacks Clint and Jeff, the cook Frypan, the builders and the track-hoes, Alby led you to the bathroom and gave you some time to freshen up. After you showered, you walked back to the Homestead. The boy with the weird eyebrows was there. "Hi, I'm y/n." You say. "Gally." The boy grumbles. "Nice to meet you Gally." You say as you extend your hand to him but he just pushes it away. "Go away." He grumbles. "Okay." You say wondering why he was so upset. Winston walked in at that moment. "Hey, y/n. Are you ready for the Bonfire?" He asks. "Yeah. I'm ready." You walk past him to a hammock in the corner of the room. It had your one belonging that came up with you in the box. It was a necklace you took off earlier and you decided to put it back on. Winston saw that you were struggling to get it on so he decided to help you. "Thanks. Let's go." You say.

After eating a little bit of dinner, you are standing in front of a pit with a flaming torch in your hand. "Let's light it up!" Alby yells and all the Gladers threw the torches into the pit. Gally starts making some kind of drink and starts handing them out to everyone. You can see that everyone is having fun and you decide to join in. You find yourself bouncing from group to group until you find yourself with the Asian boy from earlier. "Hey, Greenie. You having fun?" He asks. "Yeah! I'm having a lot of fun!" "Good. Just make sure that you don't drink too much of Gally's drink there. You are gonna have to be up early tomorrow." "Oh come on! Have some fun Minho!" Newt says coming up beside you. He looks at you. "C'mon. Come have some fun." You look at Minho. "Okay."

After a few hours of hanging out with Newt, you find yourself feeling tired even though everyone else was still awake and dancing. You were sitting against a log with your back to the fire. Tired, you try thinking about life before the Maze. That was when a song popped into your head. You started singing. We were both young when I first saw you
I close my eyes, and the flashback starts
I'm standing there
On a balcony in summer air
See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns
See you make your way through the crowd
And say, "Hello"
Little did I know

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"
And I was crying on the staircase
Begging you, "Please don't go, " and I said

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story baby just say "Yes"

So I sneak out to the garden to see you
We keep quiet, 'cause we're dead if they knew
So close your eyes
Escape this town for a little while...

You open your eyes to see all the Gladers staring at you dumbfounded. "What?" You ask. "You were singing." Alby responded. "So?" "Nobody has been able to remember anything from there past unless they went through the Changing." "Oh. Um.. okay." You reply, embarrassed by all the attention. All of a sudden, everyone started clapping and some even whistled. Minho comes up to you. "Hey, shank. Great voice." He says and walks away, leaving you alone. Suddenly, you yawn and decide to head to bed. Slowly, you walk towards the Homestead. When you reach the Homestead, you collapse onto your hammock and fall fast asleep.

Another chapter done. What'd you think? Should she become friends with Gally or should they be enemies? What about Winston? Should they become close friends or just friendly with eachother? What do you think of y/n so far? Is there anything you wish was different about her? Let me know! Chapters will be coming out at weird times because I have school so I will be getting busy with that but I will update as much as possible. Love you guys!
Emily