Chapter 15

(We should go back to a normal schedule from now on!)

The club had never been so quiet. Pam had gone to rest, leaving her maker alone with his human. It was hard for both of them to say goodbye. Eric thought it was denial that pushed him to agree to Brooke's plan. Brooke only spoke of hope.

Even after Russell killed a news anchor on live television, the Authority still refused to help Eric and give him any resources that could help him destroy the three-thousand-year-old vampire. The only resource he had was Brooklynne. And Brooklynne had a plan.

"You go to him. You tell him you have a proposition for him. Me. You offer him the sun and in exchange he spares all of us."

"He's gonna want to test it, to see if it's true," Pam continued.

"So, he drinks my blood and goes out in the sun. I'm only a hybrid, I'm not full fairy, so the effect of my blood won't last long."

"That's when you come in. You step outside when he gets weak and stake him. It's the only shot we got."

"I don't like it," he muttered.

"You don't have to like it," Brooke said dryly, surprising both vampires. "You just have to do it."

"She's right," Pam nodded. "Unless you have a better idea?"

Eric considered it, worried eyes moving from his progeny to his human. He looked for a better idea, a plan that would make him update his will useless, but he couldn't find any.

"No," he said quietly. "No, I don't."

"How sure are we that your blood can do that?" Pam then asked the question that should already be answered.

"Someone told me."

"Who?" Eric asked with a raised eyebrow.

Brooklynne avoided their eyes and shrugged. "Someone."

"Eric's survival is at stake so 'someone' isn't good enough."

Brooklynne sighed. "You... you'll make fun of me."

"Why?"

"Just tell us," Pam ordered with an annoyed tone.

Brooklynne hesitated for a moment, then straightened up, getting ready for what was to come.

"My fairy godmother..." she whispered so low a human wouldn't have heard her.

Eric and Pam stayed silent for a short moment before Pam said: "She's fucking with us."

"No, I'm not!" Brooke replied, obviously offended.

"You have a fairy godmother?" Eric asked, as ridiculous as it sounded.

"Yes. Her name is Claudine," the fairy said as a-matter-of-factly, straightening up on her stool, "she's also Sookie's godmother."

Pam rolled her eyes, speechless for once.