39 - Fight for You

Start from the beginning

Suddenly a twinkle caught at the corner of my eye. So I crept over to it, seeing a familiar chain hung up on a nail. My heart began to race and my mind began to focus on everything around me, as I picked up the chain there hung the diamond ring Alexander once gave me. 

"Shit." I looked around once again, "where are you?" I whispered a hissed walking in the direction of the message. Soon I saw a light with a flight of metal stairs. As I looked up there was Tiana's jacket hung on the rail.

Now I was beginning to panic. So quickly I rush up taking it as I passed into a dark hall, and there at the end was a door with a bright light above it shining down onto a note and a shining silver machete. My palms became sweaty and my heart race faster as I reach closer it was a picture, intently I recognised Tiana's face. Without a thought, I swang open the door. "Tiana?!"

Nothing. I was breathing heavily and felt my enter body shake and for a moment I was lost.
I felt a presence and again I became alert, someone or something took out a weapon from behind me and then instantly I spin around seeing a man with a mask, he charged after me but I was quick to back away from his attack of swing, dodging his weapon twice I gripped onto his wrist and hit him in the face, he grunted in pain but quickly recovered and swang again hitting me in the jaw.

Throwing me off guard I stumbled back tripping slightly on something below me, as the man charged for me again I ducked and picked up the object and swang it on his back. He grunted in pain and flew forward, as he was distracted I hit him in the head knocking him unconscious.
Now I know for sure that I'm close.

I searched the man for any more weapons and took the most important ones with me as I continued. There was a light at the other end of the hall, the first option was to follow it and see where it leads but at the same time, I had an opportunity to ask this guy.

I sniffed whipping off the blood off my lip and forced him up the collar of his jacket. "Where are they, huh?" I shook him as he let out a small moan of pain, I throw off his mask and slapped him in the face, bearly conscious he slurred a few words.

"Where?"
"E-East wing."

I hummed and sat him agist the wall and kneeled in front of him, knocking him out cold; I rushed down the dark hall into the direction of the east wing.

There were flickering lights above showing the abandoned rooms and each time I took a step the floor squeaks as if it would break at any moment. I made sure that to take a peek in each room making sure that they were empty from any danger or at least to find some type of clue to lead me to Tiana. Alexander was too smart to leave her in one of these rooms, he wanted me to find her and wanted to lead me in a trap. I kept going and soon I found a flight of stairs leading down to a cluttered basement there was nothing but dead silence and a small red light.

I was prepared and ready, steering my gun and steading myself for any sudden jumps. Reloading my gun it made a loud eco down the cluttered stairway, and right after I heard a muffled cry. Without a second thought, I had run down the steppes hearing those little soft cries turn louder and louder, and with each step, I had reconsidered that it was Tiana.

She wore nothing but light summer PJs, dirty and all crumpled up it almost slipped off her body because they were almost torn off; she wore a sack over her head while her arms and legs are tied to the old metal chair, and like Alexander, she had a knife stabbed in her thigh.

Scrambling over I dropped to my knees grasping onto her, "Tia, Tia."

letting out a cry and squirmed in her chair; trying to back away every time I got closer. I ripped the sack off her head and gently clasped her cheeks in my palms and ripped the tape off her mouth.

"Baby. Baby, it's me."

Bruised, red and bleeding I felt my eyes water; I kept on soothing her trying to calm her down, to make her realise that she was safe. She peeked through her swollen eyes and suddenly they widen in such happiness and relief.

"Andrew." She scrambled onto her words and began to panic all over, I cupped her cheeks and examed her injured body. Without a thought, I have taken off my jacket and wrapped it around her.

"Andrew. Andrew, L- Lisen to m-me."

I didn't dare to budge, a glance up at her and all I saw is such fear and horror written all over her, Tiana then began to dart her eyes around the room as if there was a ghost. "Run" she warned.
"No Way." I scoffed, untieing her wrists from the chair as she tried to tug away from her wrist from the rope to loosen it herself. When one of them had loosened she had gripped around the collar of my shirt forcing me to look right into those big brown eyes.

"Andrew, please listen to me." she shoved me away holding me by the collar of my shirt. Her eyes big, red and teary she was quivering as she said. "Andrew Leave. They are all over the place. He's going to kill you."

I shook my head, looking her right in the eyes, untieing the remaining rope on her wrists and ankles. "Baby I'm not going anywhere, whatever it takes I'm going to fight for you."

I picked up my gun off the floor and handed it to her, "Do you understand, nothing is going to stop me from protecting you and wanting you. Not even you."

A tear had slipped down her cheek as she stared at me ever so happily and ever so thankfully. When she said nothing I forced a small smile and asked. "Understand?"

Quicker than ever she had thrown her arms around me pulling me close and holding me tighter than ever. I felt her heart skip too many beats as her body trembled next to mine; regardless of all the fear, cold and violence without a thought, I had held her back, tight and proudly.

Pulling away my focus had gone back to the knife in her thigh, at the same time I took her hands in mine and clasped them onto my shoulders shuffling closer towards her.

"Now, who will kill me, hmm? Nickola or Alexander?"

Unbuckling my belt I looked up at Tiana as I enveloped the belt around her leg. My eyes had gone wide as I saw something move in the shadows in the distance. I gave Tiana a knowing look silently to hold her breath as I tightened the belt beside her wound.

"Alexander."

She shrieked in pain and squeezed onto my shoulders ever so painfully, quickly I pulled out the knife, throwing it across the room and into the person's chest making him drop onto his knees and flat on to his chest, piercing the knife out of his back.

I cupped Tiana's cheeks whipping away the blood and tears that where smeared on her cheeks, comforting her gently. "Baby breath, focus on my voice."

I made her look at me, "where is he, do you know?" I asked calmly. She took a glance behind her seeing the body on the ground, she began to hyperventilate all over again. "Tiana. Tiana"

I cupped onto her cheeks and guided her attention back towards me. "Baby, you're safe."

"Andrew, Behind you!" Tiana screamed. A loud bang was heard from behind me and within instinct, I sprang up to my feet with both fright and protection and shoved Tiana to the ground as I stood over her firing at the target twice. Tiana screamed and sobbed as she hid her face in her hands as he fell to the ground.

I had to make sure our surrounding is clear before I make another move, by now I was half on my ammo and out-breath from the adrenaline but I had to remain focused, remain calm and heavy before anything else. When it was clear there was no hesitation to help her up into my chest; she was hyperventilating and gasping for air, quivering and stammering.

Maybe I should take Tiana back to the car, lock her in safe or take her home and come back; at least like that, I would know she would be safe. But then again Tiana needs to show me directions and if she's with me I don't have to risk leaving her alone and jeopardising her family; right now I can not risk leaving her alone. Especially now.

"Do you remember our song, baby girl?" I asked rasped calmly, hoping to God that this would at least make her remember how to breathe. I nodded with a smile when she did. I began to hum the small tune as she began to calm her breathing and smile slowly, soon she too began to hum the tune.

I smiled proudly and silently patted myself on the back, so while she was distracted I made sure that the belt was still secure on the wound and the area was clear before we made our way out.
"There we go" I eased, slowly I stood to my feet pulling her up with me, supporting her balance as she stood within me. "Are you ready?"

Tiana looked up at me with those big brown eyes, sparkling in the dimness of the light I saw so much emotion and gratefulness, it was so easy just to get lost, but we had all the time in the world for this.

"We have to go," I said tugging her to the direction she had said but before I can move, Tiana grasped onto my neck and pulled me on her lips, she kissed me hard to say I love you, soft to say I'm sorry but grate enough to say Thank you for saving my life.

I was hopeless.

"We have all the time in the world baby girl, just not right now."

She smiled at my smart-ass answer and ran her shaken fingers through my hair with those big brown eyes sparkling right at me I couldn't help and find a smile at a very vulnerable moment and kiss her once again. 

Author's Note:

I humbly appolige for this aching long and kind of cheesy cliff hanger, 
but we are not done yet ladies and gentlmen; because of my lack of motivation to finish this book once and for all I couldn't let it go without the action; so please stay tuned. 

The games are only just beginning.