21. living in the shadows part seven

Start from the beginning

"How? I thought there was no more left?" Jace asked.

"I know some people who I owed a favor from" He explained mysteriously.

"Now, I only need a sliver from your soul and from your one true love," Magnus said.

"Well, that's kinda the problem. I don't have-"

"Nonsense, Jace!" Magnus said as he snapped his finger and looked at the said man.

Alec nearly chocked in his own spit by Magnus bluntness, Clary was giving Jace a hopefull look and you looked everywhere except for Jace.

A couple minutes slowly passed and you had fixated your gaze on the ground. You could hear Jace suddenly stand up "I'll do it"

This took you by surprise so you looked up at him, staring right into his eyes. His face showed no emotion but you could tell there was another reason behind what he was doing.

"Thank you," You said, bearly louder than a whisper. He heard you, however, and nodded as a response.

As Jace walked to the potion stand you could hear Magnus whisper to Alec "Touchy subject?"

"Something like that" Alec whispered back.

You sighed and followed Jace. The table was the only thing between you.

"Alright, this might sting a bit," Magnus said as he snapped his fingers and his blue magic started to cloud his fingers.

He took a sliver from you and Jace's soul at the same time. You both looked at each other while gritting your teeth.

"There, it's done," Magnus said, "now give me a minute to finish it"

The tension was thick as everyone waited patiently for Magnus to finish the potion. Nobody dared to say a word.

"Let's hope this works," Magnus said as he gave you the bottle with a purple liquid.

"You're not sure if it's gonna work?" Clary asked.

"I do not even know if it's gonna have side effects" he confessed.

"Well, we're about to find out," You said and chugged it down.

Everyone was looking at you in anticipation, but nothing was happening.

"I guess we'll have to find another way-"

You suddenly had an extremely bad headache and you were stumbling around looking for something to lean on.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N), are you okay? Talk to us" Jace said as he caught your body before it fell.

"I'm good, I'm good- I'm not good" You suddenly changed moods.

You first could feel all the positive emotions coming back like happiness, hope, and love. But then it took a turn for the worst. Sadness, regret, anger, betrail, and grief all flooded your mind. There was, however, one emotion sticking out and that was jealousy.

"Make it stop!" You cried out as Jace place both of you on the couch, with him holding your trembling body tightly.

"Magnus, do something!" He called out in despair.

"I'm afraid there's nothing I can do," Magnus said somberly as he looked at you with sadness in his eyes.

Everyone was watching you as you were softly whimpering. "My book"

Clary quickly gave you your old sketchbook and you scanned through it. You found the song you were looking for and read the music.

"Clary is the key" You whispered as one last tear rolled down your cheek.