Chapter One

Feeling a weight collapse on my chest brings my mind out of the blissful dream state that I was just in.  Opening my eyes, I see that my attacker is my 85 lb bernedoodle Winchester.  I see that he has gotten himself comfortable; while, using me as a pillow.  Looking around, I take in the sun coming through the top of the blackout curtains. From the way that the sun is hitting the ceiling, through the crack on the curtain, tells me that it is still early morning.  Part of me feels suffocated and really needs to use the bathroom.  But, the other part that always wins out, even if just for a few minutes,  feels completely loved. 

Winchester is going to be eight this year.  He has been with me through some of the toughest times of my life so far.  Running my fingers through his soft fur, I can feel where he is starting to get some loose skin.  He is not quite young as he use to be, but don't tell him that.  He is still fully convinced that he is a puppy.

I can feel Maddox, my husband, laying beside me with his arm draped across my rib cage.  I can feel his hard muscled body, that has the perfect softness to it, pressed perfectly against mine.  His legs are tangled with mine, making us the perfect pretzel.  There is no better feeling than being completely in love and feeling that reciprocated 100 percent. The feeling of being one with someone that knows you like the back of their hand.  I love this man.

Hearing both Winny and Dox shallow breathing let's me know that they are still peacefully sleeping. This is my favorite thing about weekends.  Every other morning we are up before the crack of dawn.  We hardly get to even have a conversation before we are both off to work. 

There is just something about waking up after the sun is up.  Being in that perfect position in bed.  The one where you don't want to move, because you know as soon as you do it's gone.  The perfect temperature, right between warm but not hot.  The perfect way that your head is resting on the pillow; even though it may have taken you forever to fall asleep it has no problem luring you right back in within seconds.  A smile comes to my face; because despite the rats nest that is my dirty blonde hair, which is in a bun on my head and my husband's T-shirt and boxers I am completely at peace with my surroundings.  Deciding to  drink it all in and to enjoy the simplicity of it all, I feel my heart warm at the contentedness that falls over me.

Feeling Maddox tighten his arm tells me that he just woke up. If that didn't solidify it the rasp in his voice that makes him ten times hotter sure does. As he nuzzles my ear I hear him say in that southern Alabama accent of his, "Good morning darlin."  Feeling his warm breathe and scruff rub against my ear brings goosebumps to my neck and sends a shiver down my back.  Arching my back into him I feel him in all the right places.  Petting Winchester a few good times, before I  turn over to see Maddox gorgeous face.  I hear  Winny get down and leave the room.  Probably to search for his bone that he hid in the living room couch last night. Knowing that he has walked out of our room and is conveniently distracted by something else, tells me that we have a few moments to ourselves before  he decides he needs to go out. 

Turning over I take in this specimen of a man that is my husband.  His light brown hair, blue eyes, and tan face.  They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I can tell you that I am definitely beholding.  "Good morning handsome," I make sure to let him know just what I think of him.  Supporting my weight on his bare chest,  I rest my chin on my arms reaching up and pressing my lips against his.  Feeling him smile against my lips is the perfect invitation for me to take his bottom lip between my teeth and run my tongue against his soft flesh.  Hearing Maddox moan only encourages me to slip my tongue into his mouth and roam my hands up his smooth hard chest and over his huge arm muscles.  I can feel his hands run a light trail up my arm and lightly touch my neck until he is holding my face.  He pulls away and looks down at me. "That has to be one of my favorite things about waking up next to you."