❄︎Book One: When Ice Breaks

Five individuals were chosen to serve Selini, the dragon goddess, as her strongest and most faithful disciples—the Head Dragonborn. They represent her power to her people and the rest of the world; they are the eyes, claws, and fangs of the goddess. During times of war, they are her greatest weapons who have but one mission: fulfill the goddess's orders and, in doing so, bring about a swift victory.

In times of peace, however, their true nature as a restless bunch of siblings emerges. When an incident in the temple leads to an argument among the eldest, Selini charges the five with a new task: to go out and catch a unicorn. For the four oldest Head Dragonborn, this is a boorishly simple task. For Unda, the youngest, it is his first chance to leave the temple and see the world for himself.

The only problem is that no one has seen a unicorn in hundreds of years, and they aren't the only ones seeking to catch this mythical creature. With an elf assassin on their trail and the threat of something much bigger looming over them, Unda and his siblings must decide how much they are willing to sacrifice for their mission.

After all, magic yields deadly consequences.