Chapter 1: Facts vs Opinions

Everyone is born with the first words their soulmate will say to them etched on their wrist.

This is a fact.

A method as basic as ink on your arm can hardly determine your perfect match.

This is an opinion, Jekyll's opinion.

Demons and angels are separated from birth, the closest they will ever be to each other is at Valor Academy, where they are separated by mere bricks and strict rules. 

This is a fact.

Demons and angels shouldn't be forced apart, they should be allowed to have fun with each other!

This is an opinion, Relic's opinion.

All entities of the afterlife must enrol at Valor when they reach the age of eighteen.

This is a fact.

Fact.

Opinion.

Fact.

These are simple statements, obvious which fits into 'fact' and which is considered an 'opinion'. But what if we make it harder?

Demons are evil and angels are good.

Fact? Or opinion?

A demon and an angel could never be soulmates, it doesn't make logical sense.

Fact? Opinion? Fact? Opinion?

Harder now, isn't it. 

I guess when it all comes down to it, it is just a matter of opinion.

Maybe everything is.

I cannot tell whether that's a calming thought or a troubling one, but I suppose we'll find out.

Relic is an angel.

Fact.

Jekyll is a demon.

Fact.

Relic is good and Jekyll is evil.

Opinion.

Relic has already fallen in love with whoever his words belong to.

Fact.

Jekyll has no intention of finding his soulmate, as he believes the whole idea of soulmates is foolish.

Fact.

"What are you doing? You can't be here dumbass!"

That's Relic's truth.

"W-woah! Your wings are black?"

That's Jekyll's.

Truth and lies, real or fiction, facts and opinions.

Maybe there isn't that much of a difference.