"Why did you chose me as the wicket-keeper?" Rahul asked him suddenly meekly throwing him out of the loop with his sudden question.

"Because I know your worth as a wicketkeeper, remember I selected you in RCB for your wicket-keeping skills and then you went on to become the second-highest run-scorer of the season under my guidance," Virat said winking at his direction in a full boasting voice taking the whole credit of Rahul's good performance in the season. Even going as far as to wipe a fake proud tear. He expected Rahul to argue with him, scoff at his boasting but nothing like that happened as Rahul turned his face away from him.

"Why do you trust in me so much Virat bhaiya?" asked Rahul in a broken voice and Virat knew the matter was serious for Rahul never calls him bhaiya unless in two extreme situations. None of them were good situations.

"Because you're my hukkum ka Ikka, Rahul, my it man, the man I can use in any place I want finisher, opener, wicket-keeper, even the drinks boy. I think I've told you this several times." Virat told Rahul with surety shining in his eyes not even a fleck of doubt can be seen in the captain's eyes.

And Rahul knew this. He knew this from the 2013 IPL when Virat has called him his hukkum ka ikka for the first time. He knew this when he got totally offended by Virat when he called him BC in the field and thought what an arrogant, rude, idiotic, classless captain they have and then regretted his thoughts almost instantly when Virat has come to his room and personally apologized for the cuss word telling him an interesting story. An interesting story about Delhi life where you call your besties and only close friends with BC. It was a way of letting out and expressing feelings and also a term of endearment and if he was really that affected by the word then Virat promised to never use the word around him. And he had shrugged off the matter, attaching it with another Virat habit and now, he doesn't even bat his eyes hearing Virat's some more censored words.

"What if I failed you?" Rahul asked Virat toying with his fingers not meeting his eyes.

"Well, I will drag your sorry ass on nets and make you practise till you get your senses back or maybe I'll call an ojha aur usko bolunga teri nazar utarne ko," Virat said matter of factly not knowing what was really wrong with this kid today. Why was he acting so weird?

"Thank you bhaiya for trusting on me so much (even if it sometimes feels misplaced)," Rahul thought sadly hugging Virat totally unexpectedly and scaring his captain for good as various odd thoughts started running wildly in Virat's mind, Rahul called him bhaiya two times in a single day the world must be officially ending. Virat's mind swirled with various possibility of what might have upset him so greatly and ended with concluding many disastrous ideas all of which ended with someone getting murdered today by him. For no one makes his team feel bad about themselves and escape unscathed by his fury.

"What's the matter, Rahul? What's wrong tell me?" Virat asked Rahul so gently, so lovingly, so caringly that he couldn't help but directly hand over his phone to Virat and showed him various things going on twitter. How Rishab and Sanju were getting trolled because of him? And sometimes Virat himself was coming under the bus and then there was also an old article with the heading 3 players Rohit Sharma didn't back and Virat Kohli did with Rahul's name on number 1. Well, Virat was really ready to blast those people.

"Do you think Rish hates me? He is bearing all this because of me"

"Don't be daft, Rahuliya. What have I told you about this "Let your form talk and don't let the unnecessary sounds unfocus you." and do you think Ro hates me or I hate ro?" Virat asked Rahul scowling

And Rahul hastily nodded his head in negative of course Virat bhai didn't hate Rohit and vice-versa. They were inseparable best friends who doesn't get satisfied without fighting with each other once in the day. They technically finds reason to start their squabbles and then at the end of the day are found with each other trolling someone mercilessly. They were best friends goals who are also entitled to win the tag of the roommate's goals. Well, they create their own goals.