Chapter-3

If you have any doubt as to what's happening in this chapter then read the previous chapter.
------------------------------------------------------------

Oliver's voice ringing in my ear to run.

This had been how Charlie and Oliver always prepared me for. To run. To not care of leaving them behind. They said they could handel the worst. So I had to just run when the time came. And not to stop at any cost if it was something out of reach. And to me this world of supernatural was an out of reach. I couldn't fit in it. I couldn't protect myself. I was vulnerable. A prey that could easily be hunt upon.

And now was the time to run as I felt unnatural phenomena of chills in the air pricking my skin but I didn't.

My eyes were stuck on the door that closed in on me while my blood was pounding in my ears.

I pushed myself off the floor and in panic stricken called out his name. "Oliver?" I knocked both my fist on the door but it didn't budge. "Oliver, are you alright?"

I could hear his violent attempts as he was beating the door from the other side. "Aurora, just run!"

"No," I yelled. My body pressed against the door. I could feel the dilemma. It wasn't as easy as he would tell me to do without a struggle- to leave him behind. And I never gave it a much thought until now. I couldn't leave him behind.

"Don't argue, Aurora!" I could hear his rage mingled with trepidation of the moment. "It's in the air. I can feel it. You gotta escape. Go to Charlie. Just get away from here! "

I wasn't as sensitive as any wizard to feel supernatural in the air but this time even I could.

"Please, listen to something for once." his tone softened at the end.

I breathed sharply as I slammed my body against the door. "There's no way in the hell I'm leaving you behind."

The lights in the room flickered dull and a gust of chill crept down my spine.

I turned around.

Fear sagging down my stomach in presentiment of upcoming peril.

"Aurora," Oliver voice coming out disquieted as if sensing what I sensed.

My skin erecting as ice froze my bone.

It was here.

The main door was abruptly opened by a strong squall of wind, I flinched.

My heartbeat rising while my back pressed against the door to Oliver's room. I could feel him thrashing his body against it.

The sight of hallway from the door was pitch black and the lighting inside the house getting diffused had only made the atmosphere eerie.

I gasped.

A bony hand slithered out of the dark across the entrance of the house. It's abnormally elongated and tapering fingers clutched at the door frame. It was ghastly.

Oliver's thrashing the door turned violent. "What's happening?"

My voice was caught in my throat as the abnormally thin fingers at the door wiggled as if playing through my unsettling fear.

"You can't hide... Not for long, " A gruff whisper came through the dark. "He's furious... Seething with rage."

Fear unnerved me as I looked at the hand in immobilizing horror.

A silhouette of a faceless body jumped out of the dark at an inhumane hurtle towards me giving it an appearance of flash of dark.

"HE IS COMING!" The voice boomed out of him.