Don't make me lose you

WerewolfxHuman

"You could have seriously been hurt. What were you thinking?" Mizuho yelled. He was clearly worried from the fight, but, like the emotionally constipated guy he is, he's redirecting his fear and turning it to anger.

"I already told you, Babe. I had to protect Lily. And if that means throwing myself in danger, I'll do it," Hanako sighed and ran a hand through her wavy brown hair. She smelled of slight fear as she always did when they argued, but once again Mizuho ignored it. His wolf was worried; they almost lost their mate.

"You could have died, and I would soon follow. I marked you. You die, I die!" As if to emphasize his point, he threw his hands down on either side of his girlfriend. The reaction was immediate. Hanako's hands flew up and covered her face and, for the first time since the start of the argument, Mizuho tasted the air.

He smelled severe fear and heartache. He listened closely and could hear his girlfriend's quick, shallow breaths. Her blue eyes had glazed over and looked dull. She was panicking.

"Hana! My little flower girl. Come back!" Mizuho put his hands on either side of her face and kept eye contact with her. He slowly moved her so that he was now sitting on the couch while she was on his lap.

She seemed to unconsciously curl towards the werewolf as she went through the flashback. Tears streamed down her blue eyes to her cheeks where Mizuho wiped them off.

"Hana," he called when she came back. "Who hurt you?"

"No one; it doesn't matter," she mumbled into his neck before licking it.

"Hey," he laughed. "I'm being serious, my little flower girl."

"It doesn't matter I'm with you now. And you won't hurt me?" she questioned the last part like she will always doubt it.

"I promise. Can you at least tell me when it was?"

"About two years ago, right after I met you, at least that's when it started." Hanako could still remember that time. It was around the time pack meetings were held, she would come home late and he thought she was cheating. She wasn't, but couldn't tell him that.

"Right after I met you. I should have told you that you were mine."

"Don't you dare do that. I love you and I'm happy you came and told me when you did," she chastised. Her hair moved as she shook her head.

"I love you, too." Mizuho kissed her nose before cuddling into her.

----
427 words