Chapter 1

I was walking to the Shire with my horse, Midnight. She was a beauty, and very loyal and strong to the end. We were currently hunting down the hobbit hole that Gandalf had marked. I knew that I was late but I didn't really care. I mean later is better than never, right?

We soon arrived at his hole with the special mark on his door. I told Midnight to go look around, but come back at my call and to not go far.

I walked up to the door and knocked lightly. A non too thrilled hobbit answered the door. "Hello, you must be Bilbo Baggins."

"Yes, I am. And who are you, if I may ask?"

"I am Evelyn, at your service", and did a slight bow. "May I come in?"

"Oh, y-yes you can." He moved aside and I stepped in. There were dwarves surrounding a table, along with Gandalf. All who were looking at me.

I just looked at Gandalf with a raised eyebrow. He then introduced me to everyone. "This is Evelyn, she is here to join our company by me." Two dwarves did not look especially happy that a woman was joining on their journey. One looked high and mighty so I guessed that was Thorin. The other was bald and looked quite mean and tough.

Thorin was the first to speak. "Why did you invite a woman on a journey as dangerous as this?"

"Actually Thorin she is not as fragile as she looks. She is quite capable of doing this journey all on her own."

"No, I will not! Gandalf twice was enough! Plus you know that Smaug is not in my power!"

Then a brown haired almost black, dwarf spoke up. "Wait, you mean you've killed a dragon before?!"

"Yes, I have and trust me it is not the most amazing experience, as you think it is."

All the dwarves had looked at each other amazed. Gandalf looked pretty proud of himself. Then Thorin looked at me and said, "If this is true, then what are you? Cause you don't look like a dwarf or an elf."

I just replied with, "I am a mage, the very last one."

"But didn't the mages ALL die long ago?"

"No, almost all of them, I was the only one to make it out alive."

Then a blond-haired dwarf that looks like the brown-haired dwarf sitting next to him spoke up. "Excuse me but what did happen to all the mages?" I took in a deep breath and said "They all died in dragon fire long ago. That is all there is to know, for now."

Fortunately for me, they let it go. "Now, let's get to what I came here for shall we?"

A/N

Hi, umm..... this is my first book. So please no hate or judgment. I know that this is terrible but at least I'm trying, right? Thank you for reading this, and I hope that at least one person will find this a good book