~ Chapter 7: Bitter Sweet Dream ~

"Y/n!" You heard someone call. The day was young, and so were you. A late teenage bug with her whole life ahead of her, that's what you use to be. When you turned your head your little brother Klo rushing up to you and attaching himself to your side. You let out a loving laugh. 

         "Klo! Ah, you've got me! Oh no!" You joked as they laughed with you. People passing by and greeting your sibling and you with a smile. Dirtmouth was lively and full of people enjoying their day. Life was good, and nothing was wrong. Soon Ryin ran up to you doing the same as his twin brother. You looked over to where they had come from to see your mother and father exiting the house, Pira in your mother's arms all bundled up. 

         "Boys! Don't drag your sister to the floor." Your mother informed them and they let go, then running ahead to the center of town. Some people waited to hear you play there. Your father put a hand on your shoulder briefly before going ahead to keep an eye on your brothers. You took this time to go over to your mother and greet Pira. Her young child-like eyes looking up at you with joy. Letting out a sweet cooing noise that melted your heart every single time you heard it. Your mother looked to you with kind eyes.

         "She was being fussy this morning. Not wanting to eat." Your mother shook her head with a slight uneasiness. You gave your sister some attention before answering back,

         "I think she's just acting as all little children do. Sometimes they don't want to eat, but as long as she's smiling and happy there shouldn't be any worries."

         Foolish. That was the start.

        "Whatever the case is, I'm sure you're right. Let's get you to the center of town, the boys are waiting." Your mother said leading the way. You gripped the strap of your violin case that went diagonally across your chest as you followed her. 

         "Do you think everyone will like it?" You asked, even though you already knew the answer. You were never that confident of your playing as a teen. Though that was life you guessed. You didn't know who you were or how to express yourself fully until you reached adulthood. 

         "Of course they will Hunny. Everyone always enjoys your music." Your mother comforted you. Her voice and smile always doing the best of that. 

****

         You stood in the center of town and the crowd grew silent as you lifted your violin to your chin along with prepping your bow. You soon began to play a sweet joyous melody, which sounded like a sweet spring day. Like children playing, adults working, and life just going on. Some bugs clapped along to your rhythmic tune, children jumping up and down and dancing. Dirtmouth was not a dead town, just a small town of happy people who wanted nothing more in life than the joy of loving their loved ones.

         You opened your eyes to see your mother and father smiling with pride, your brothers swinging one another's arms to the melody, even Pira was giggling. This was how your life was, and how you always wanted it to be. You wanted nothing more than to play your violin for the rest of your days and expressing your happiness. You wanted to be happy, and be with those you loved more than anything else in Hollownest. 

         Though amidst your playing you heard coughing. Soft light coughing like that from a child. Your eyes landed on Pira and your mother. Your mother patting Pira on the back as she was now starting to cough horribly, before breaking out into tears. Her wailing made you gasp and stop. Your mother slowly started looking more and more tired as others started to look the same. One cough turned to two then to 20 people in a chorus of illness.

         You stood in the center as you watched your mother collapsed to the ground, your sister still in her arms your brothers soon doing the same. They all were coughing up this fluorescent orange phlegm that made you nauseous to watch. You began to cry as the wretched symphony of pestilence only grew louder and louder. You covered your ears begging it all to stop, for someone to hear you, for someone to help you. Help your family…

         You let out a shrill scream of pain, despite no physical cause occurring while dropping your violin. It shattered like glass on impact making a loud abrupt noise. Then it all stopped.

****

         When you took your hands off your head and opened your eyes, you knew exactly where you were. The red hue, the pomegranate colored flames, the circus arena. You were in the Grimm Troupe's tent. Grimmkin all around in the seats, watching you as you stood petrified and confused. On the ground, you saw your violin and rushed for it.

         When you were a mere inch from reaching it, you were jolted back suddenly. A strong force pulled you by your right leg and you couldn't move any closer. You looked down to said leg to see a metal chain clasped around it. What was going on? You tried to reach your violin once again, but no matter how hard you tried, it was just a little bit too far. This made the crowd erupt in laughter at the sight of your failure. Your face grew hot in embarrassment and anger from their mocking.

         Though soon you could hear the sound of a voice…

         "We are so different yet so similar, you and I… Loss never comes to the unworthy… There is no life without hardships… You're stronger than you let others believe…" All of this and more being muffled before one line remained. "Do not hold yourself to my dismay. A musician such as yourself should know..." the lights dimmed, and only a spotlight of red remained not too far from in front of you, a figure standing under it. Tall, thin, and confident, the man known as Grimm stood. His eyes locking with yours, but showing such a pure kindness you had never experienced before. He extended his hand to you from under his cloak and your chains disappeared, allowing you to take your violin and stand to your feet fully. "... Every song must end, as well as every dance." He said clear as day to you. A gentle smile on his face as he waited for you to take his hand. You felt compelled to do so, walking up to Grimm and gently placing your free hand in his. That was when it all faded away. 

****

         Your eyes fluttered open to the sound of people getting up. Today was yet another day, and your strange experience was yet a mere dream. Though as you looked to Grimmchild who was still sound asleep in the makeshift bed you made for him, you wondered if that dream held any purpose. You knew it had to mean something with Grimm… You just weren't sure what it meant.