𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ 

❝ ᴍʏsᴛɪᴄ ғᴀʟʟs, 𝟿𝟿𝟿 ᴀᴅ ❞

◝.*・゚

           𝙏𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡, Rebekah's gown was far too large for Marcella's short figure, the soft material hanging off her like a large sack. 

However, Marcella was just glad she had changed out of her previous garments, the leather torn and sticky with blood amongst other bodily fluids.

At least Rebekah's dress was made out of a gentle, thick cotton, which helped shield her from the brittle breeze. 

Wrapping her arms around herself, Marcella stood unsurely as Mikael towered over her. It was evident he wasn't pleased that his slave was wearing one of his daughter's gown, judging from the scowl that was present.

Before Mikael could even speak, the door to the longhouse swung open, revealing the blond male from earlier. Upon catching sight of Mikael his shoulders slumped, all confidence he had possessed earlier disappeared into thin air.

Whirling around, Mikael narrowed his cold eyes at the sight of the man who she assumed was his son. 

"Boy, come here and make yourself less useless than usual." Mikael barked, causing the man to frown.

Without glancing towards Marcella, who was watching with perceptive eyes, Niklaus reluctantly stood before his father. 

"Show the slave where to gather wood, your mother informed me you boys have been slacking since I left. There's barely any firewood left, so we shall need plenty." Mikael growled in a gruff tone.

When Mikael's gaze flickered to Marcella, Niklaus clenched his jaw but nodded.

"I will go and chop wood for the fire, but perhaps she should stay behind and help mother do something else." Niklaus worriedly inquired, glancing towards the girl.

She was rather short with small hands that clearly weren't made for holding an axe. 

Squaring his shoulders, Mikael's eyes darkened dangerously as he glared down at his defiant son. Niklaus, though incredibly tense, never disconnected his gaze from Mikael's.

"If the two of you don't come back with bleeding hands there shall be dire consequences." Mikael warned as Niklaus frowned.

Without another word, Mikael turned on his heel and headed into the warmth of the longhouse. 

Besides him, the girl shivered as a breeze of wind hit them with force, the treetops rocking as she wrapped her arms around herself. 

It was already getting dark, no doubt by the time they'd chopped enough firewood to prevent Mikael's gaze the moon would be up, and the stars would be out.