The first challenge

"You want to choose first?" I ask Matt.

"Yeah. I choose Mark!"

Mark walks towards Matt with scared face.

"Ok... I choose... Ethan."

Ethan looks at me and slowly walks towards me.

"YOU TWO WILL GO THROUGH THREE CHALLENGES. WHO WINS WILL SAVE HIS FRIEND. WHO DIES, HOWEVER, WILL WATCH HIS FRIEND DIE!"

That clown starts to hysterically laugh.

Mark turns at Ethan and shakes his head.

"YOUR FIRST CHALLENGE IS TO THROW THIS KNIFE RIGHT AT THE MIDDLE AT THE CANS THERE!"

The clown points at ground 20 meters away. There are few cans standing there in a pyramid.

Clown waves his hand and the race starts. Mark is missing, putting too much power into his throw. Ethan, on the other hand doesn't shoot with enough power.

After a minute, one of them shoots right in the middle. I see Mark covering his mouth and looking in disbelief. He made it. There are two left though.

"It's not your fault Ethan, this was about luck." Mark comes to Ethan and hugs him. I can see that those two are such a good friends.

"SECOND CHALLENGE IS GOING TO BE A LOT DIFFERENT. YOU HAVE A TABLE HERE AND YOU HAVE A LONG JAR HERE. YOU HAVE A JAR FULL OF GLASS AND A SMALL COIN ON THE BOTTOM OF IT. WHO PUTS IT OUT FIRST, WINS."

Mark and Ethan stand in front of their jar. The clown waves and they start. Mark has troubles to put his hand into this jar.

"Fuck! My hand is too big!!" He yells.

Ethan didn't have much problems with it. He grabs the coin and gets it out of there. He puts the coin above his head and throws it on the ground. I can see small amount of blood coming out of his arm. He has lots of scars there.

"It's one to one. The best one is the winner." Ethan goes to Mark.

"I guess yeah..."

"It was unfair Mark..." Ethan tries to cheer him up, but Mark keeps straight face.

"THIS IS THE LAST CHALLENGE!IT WILL BE AGAIN PLAYING WITH KNIFES, BUT THIS TIME, YOU'LL SHOOT ON YOUR FRIENDS. YOU CAN SEE DOTS ON THEIR WHEEL. IF YOU SHOOT ALL OF THEM, YOU WON. THIS WHEELS, HOWEVER..."

It presses some button and we start to spin.

"...WILL BE SPINNING!!!"

I can't see much, everything is blurry.

"Mark, I can't do this." I hear Ethan saying.

"Come on, I trust you! You can do it!" I try to cheer him up. I want to survive.

"Do you trust me Matt?" Mark asks Matt.

"My life is in your hands..."

"That doesn't sound promising..." I hear Mark mumble.

They start throwing. I hear Mark cheering, probably he hit one. Then, he cheers again. Ethan gets one.

"I have to get last one!" I hear Mark saying.

I hear a knife being thrown and Matt being released.

That's it

I'm dead

It takes a second and I feel a knife being put in and out of my chest. I scream and close my eyes in the horrible pain.

Ethan:

I couldn't...

I...

I killed...

I killed him...

I feel to my knees and start crying. He died because of me.

"Ethan, we have to go." Jack puts his hand on my shoulder.

After a while, I nod and stand up. I turn myself and walk to the group. Mark is still looking at Nate's dead body.

"It's not your fault Ethan." Suddenly says the blonde man, Will. I look at him and shake my head.

"If not mine, then whose?"

"Clown's"

"Mat?" Jack goes to Mark, who's calming down Mat.

"We have to go..." Says that witch or who it is.

We all follow her to some tent, sit around and quietly stare in front of eachother.

"I have to break the silence, but I found something with some letter." Jack steps up and raises a carneval mask. The woman stands up and starts saying something.

"This is one of the artifacts. The note will guide us to other one!"

Jack quickly opens it and reads:
"This park
It could've been saved.
If those, who didn't believe,
Would help those, who were in need."

"Who didn't believe... Wait, you were talking about some policeman's not giving a shit about something, right?" Will turns on that woman. She nods and stands up.

"Do you know any police station here?" Matt asks.

"There is some near this tent."

We all stand up and peek out of the tent.

"So there'll be another artifact. How many of those do we need?" Mark questions.

"Eight"

"That's a lot." I exclaim.

"Cost is clear, I suggest, that two people will go and find it. Then, they'll return to us and say, where it is." Comes Mat with a plan.

"Ok, I volunteer!" Jack raises his hand.

"I have no problem going." Says Ryan.

"Ok guys, beware of the clowns and good luck." I tell them before they leave the tent.

Ryan:

"I guess a police station should not be difficult to recognize, right?" I'm trying to cheer him up a little. I can't say he looks stressed thought. He looks fine and curious too.

"Yep, it'll be easy." He replies.

We sneak out of the tent and run around a corner.

"Look!" Jack points at a building not far away. It is 100% a police station.

"Heh, that wasn't difficult..." I respond.

"Yep"

We head back and tell them the location of the station. There is one problem, we have to cross a mass of clowns to get there.

"So we can distract them or sneak in..." Will clears the situation.

"I'd try to sneak in." Suggests Mat.

"Same here." Says Lewis.

We get here unnoticed, but as we try to open the door, we see it's barricaded from inside. When we try to open the door, it's closed.

"Shit" I hear Mark mumbling to himself.

We can't stay here for long, the clowns might notice us. I notice windows, open one of them and get in. Unfortunately, there isn't enough space for all of us to fit in.

I get to the window and whisper to Jack, that few can get in, but rest has to go back. Jack nods and whispers something to Mark.

Suddenly, one of the clowns turns around and notices us.

"GET THEM!!"

I immediately grab Jack and I pull him through the window inside. We hide below the window and wait.

Next chapter on Saturday
Short info: it's going to change a bit from the original Escape the night, you'll see what I mean...