Friend Zone 2

All of the cheerleaders gave her a round of applause as she won the votes, "Congrats, Jisoo. You're officially the cheerleader captain for this year," said the coach.

She can't blink her eyes while her mouth was wide open, she was speechless for sure. "For real? Me?" she put her palm on her mouth, in total disbelief. "Yes, Jisoo!,". After minutes of analysis and convincing herself it wasn't a dream, she screamed out loud joining her team.

"Congrats, Kim Jisoo!," she felt like she has won Miss Korea, the joy she can't describe. "Thank you guys, thank you. I promise I'll do my best," she said to her team. "We believe in you unnie," said one of her juniors, Jennie.

"Besides you have the potential," said her best friend, Nayeon. "Yeah, we both know how you work hard for it since it's on your list," said Whee In, also her best friend. She took the two in exchange, she won't earn the title without them, "Thank you so much, it means a lot to me,"

"You guys can start practicing as soon as possible because our sports day will head early this year, I'm counting on you, Kim Jisoo," the coach informed her before taking his leave.

"Look, isn't that Jungkook," she heard one of the cheerleaders talking and probably pointing to the person. She turned in their eyes direction and was shaken to see him joining one of the basketball teams. "I heard he's an ace," the girls continue gossiping about his looks and stuff which she doesn't know why bothers her.

These girls are blind. They're drooling over the skinny Jungkook, She shakes her head and rolled her eyes. "Okay, squad listen!" she gathered their attention to her. "I just want to inform you guys that we'll start our practice tomorrow. Today after school I just want to have a meeting with the B.O.D group, am I making myself clear?"

"Yes, captain,"

"Okay, you guys may leave,". She saw Jungkook come near to one of the cheerleaders with a flirty face. "Isn't that your Jungkook? He's getting taller," Nayeon said her thought enough for the two - Whee In and Jisoo - to hear her. "Please, he's not my Jungkook and he's not even taller, don't you see? he's getting skinnier," Jisoo tried to correct her.

"He's still your Jungkook since your mom and his mom are best friends," Whee In butt in adding fact. The two believe that both of them - Jisoo and Jungkook- will end up being arranged married by their parents. "Come on guys, when will you both ship me with Seokjin Oppa!," she said in annoyance.

"I don't know, but Jisoo, honey, my sugar plum. it seems impossible since we can see Seokjin sunbae friend zoning you," Whee In nodded in agreement, "Yup, he's babying you like his own sister,". Jisoo stomped her feet before dragging her bag along, "It's just your prediction. He's going to be mine and I know it, it has been written,"

Whee In and Nayeon just gave her a look and instead of running to chase after her, they just look at her walking away from them. "She still doesn't have a clue doesn't she?". Both of them laughed at Nayeon's question. "She'll be out of her fantasy soon, Nayeon. Let her be,".

Jisoo was mumbling words while walking through the hallway. "Are you learning new magic words?" asked the person who stopped him from walking. She looks up at the man and it's no one other than Jungkook.

"You're blocking my way, boy," she said sternly. He forced a grin on his face, "I'm blocking your way because you didn't hear me calling for you,". She huffed and crossed her hands on her chest, "You don't even shout for my name. How do I suppose to hear,"

"I did..but you walk faster than usual..," she rolled her eyes still not convinced because the last time she remember he was flirting with the other cheerleaders. "Ya right Jeon, you can lie on my face, whenever you want,"

"Listen, Kim. I'm not here to argue with you but I just want to remind you something..," he started and unwillingly she turn to him making eye contact.  "What?"

"My mom invited you and your family to come over for dinner this Friday,". As usual, their mom always asked them to talk about this at school even their moms somehow on the phone either calling or texting each other 24/7. "I'm sure my mom knows this," she complained. "It's Seokjin hyung's last day with us before he left," he added.

"I thought Seokjin Oppa will be leaving on Monday," now he got her full attention. "I believe not, because he wants to join his friends for a short getaway this weekend,".

She pouted. "F-For real?". Jungkook smirked, "If you don't believe me, why don't you ask your 'Oppa' yourself,". She huffed and glared at him, "I see you, when I see you, Kim!," he waved his hand as he walk away.

"I hope not, Jeon,"

|||