Chapter 5

•Warning: This story may not be suitable for some readers as it contains gore, depression, NSFW, suicidal thoughts, mature scenes, death, manipulation, etc. Please proceed with caution and respect me, the author, and other readers.

Within this story, I have changed major things to where I see fit that is more appropriate for the characters. The older characters are 15ys old

🦋Stars can't shine without darkness.🦋

291045

After you were finished eating your breakfast you cleaned up your mess and went outside to join everyone playing in the front yard. Emma picked up the famous red ball, bouncing it up and down constantly, and started kicking it, trying to act like she was playing a game of soccer by herself.

"Do you think that she can play it off?" Ray asked beside you while watching the delusional girl with a scowl on his face. A moment of silence went by as the wind from the storm that was coming soon blew past, rustling the grass beneath you and the leaves on the tree that was above your head.

You thought to yourself quietly before you shook your head 'no' and mentally facepalm while watching the female not too far away. Emma wasn't good at pretending to do things, clearly by how she used her dialogue when she spoke out loud to herself- still kicking the ball around.

It was obvious that she was going into the woods to meet up with the white-haired male who was known as Norman. If she wanted to go unnoticed or wanted to play it off, she should've just snuck off and avoided bringing attention to herself. But instead, Emma being who she is, wanted to try putting up her 'acting skills'. She kicked the ball in front of her, making it roll down the hill at a fast pace, and grabbed her head in 'frustration'.

"Oh, man! I didn't mean to kick it that way. Never mind that far," she shouted before running down the hill to retrieve the ball only to kick it further into the woods.

You and Ray were also planning to go inside of the woods to meet up with the two, but at least the two of you could act normal about it.

"Let's go see where this idiot is going," Ray said using this as an excuse to leave. You stood up from beneath the tree's shade and dusted off the dirt particles from your skirt and looked around to see if anyone was watching you.

Sister Krone raised one of the younger children up and down in her arms while starring at Gilda suspiciously. The green-haired female stood over the hill near the house and watched the whole scene unfold before her in confusion and worry as she was concerned for Emma's mental health.

Ray stood up from the ground and dusted his hands with his left hand and held his book in the other, getting ready to take his leave.

"Hey, Ray! Wait up!" You said jogging slowly towards him. He looked towards you waiting for you to join his side before making his way down the steep hill.

"Come on, Y/n. You're too slow," he teased before speeding up his steps. You laugh lightly while wrapping one arm around his shoulder.

"You're so short. How tall are you?" Ray asked while looking ahead, still walking beside you. You looked up at the sky in thought before telling him your height and smiling brightly. "You're not that tall, Ray. There's no need to make jokes about my height either. We still have some more growing to do, after all," you said, removing your arm from around him.

The said male rolled his eyes before humming as you continued walking onto the wet grass and fallen tree branches.

"That's a nice tune, Ray," you said listening to him hum quietly to himself. "Where did you learn it? Did you make it up?" You asked, looking at him with curious eyes.