twenty one- me + u = chemistry

Start from the beginning

"I like the pen you have."

"Oh this?" I said while pointing the pen upwards. I thought he was a fan of Spiderman.

"Yeah."

"Thanks ahaha, Liz got it for Betty and I. She likes Spider-Man and wanted us to have this to represent our friendship."

Peter's face brighten up. "D-Does Liz, really like Spider-Man?"

I leaned in and whispered, "Yep a lot Peter, so if you want to impress her you should.." I clicked my tongue, "Do something related to Spider-Man."

Peter teased up when I said Spider-Man.

"Y/N, I don't like Liz alright?" Peter responded with annoyance in his voice.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. I really thought you did since you always seemed nervous around Liz and all—"

"Then what about you and Anthony?" Peter asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Hi-him and I are just friends. He's someone that I-I shouldn't like..." I stuttered.

"Why?"

"Because. I just don't want to and I shouldn't because I'm only going to get my heart broken." I sighed.

Peter looked at me with genuine sorriness in his eyes.

"Look partner, I will not mention anything with Anthony in the future. So you will forget about him I-I guess."

I looked up and smiled.

"But um you-uh don't mention Liz." He added.

"Alright, sure." I held out my hand to shake his hand.

"Deal."

"Anyways let's continue writing our points." Peter suggested.

I chuckled, "Yeah, we're always being off topic."

~~~

Peter and I kept on writing more points for around 10 mins and it was dead silence between us two. By the time I finished 20 summarized points, I saw what Peter was doing and he was at point 17 which I think that's enough.

"So here's what I got" I said breaking the silence.

Peter looked up and just in that moment the sunlight came through the windows. The weather nowadays wasn't very pleasant. It was always so dark, cold and snowy. So I haven't seen the sunlight in a long time.

Peter's hair and eyes were gleaming in the sunlight. I haven't really paid attention to his face, this was the first time I had a proper look.

His eyes weren't just solid brown. There were spirals of coffee brown together with droplets of honey like deep pools of melted chocolate you could get lost in, the type of chocolate the melts at the slightest bit of heat and his hair, it looked so silky and soft. Everything was so mesmerizing, I never knew Peter had beautiful eyes and smooth looking hair.

I wonder what shampoo he uses...

"What shampoo do you use, Peter." I blurted out before I realised what I just said.

Oh shoot. That did not just happen.

Peter looked at me strangely, "Wh-what?" he laughed.

I tried to think of something - a lie. But I couldn't. So I just admitted.

"Your hair looks very soft."

"It's a secret." he smirked.

"Just tell me, it'll be our little secret..." I begged.

"It wouldn't be a secret if I told someone else - so nope."

"Fine" I groaned, then I realised he was looking at me - with a little goofy smile. I rolled my eyes then trying to change the subject - "Oh wow, you wrote a lot." I pointed to his work.

"Oh yeah, I tried to summarize all of them but I couldn't shorten them any more than this." He laughed nervously and showed me this paper more in depth.

I read through his paper and I got to admit they were good. I was positive once we added all of our notes together we would at least get B.

"Here's mine." I showed him my paper and he started reading.

"They're well summarized." He replied after around 2 mins.

"Since we got everything we're going to write. I will research any more facts or ideas at home to make our poster better. But should we start by designing the title?" I asked while pulling out pens and markers.

Peter looked at his watch and looked at me. "Y/N, I'm really sorry but I think I need to go now. I-um have the Stark Internship." I looked at my watch. 5:19 PM.

"Yeah, it's fine. The library is going to close in 10 mins anyways." I said while starting to pack up my things.

"Cool. Um. Well you want to meet again tomorrow?" Peter asked.

"We have our Academic Decathlon practice tomorrow until 7:00 PM at the drama room."

"Oh right."

"You didn't forget did you?" I teased.

"No no, of course not." he protested.

"Okay well. Do you perhaps want to come over to my house on Thursday. You can ask your Aunt about it."

"Sure I think I'll be fine."

"Okay but text me to confirm." I added. "Isn't it tiring having to go and do your internship every day?"

"Well, I guess sometimes but it's something I like to do." He shrugged.

I nodded. "Nice."

"Okay, thanks. Um-bye."

"Bye."

He waved and went out of the library door.

"Miss Y/N. The library is closing in five minutes." Said Miss Mitchell, the librarian.

"Oh sorry. I will leave now." I said, getting up and packing the last bits of my stuff.

"Thank you."

"Thank you Miss Mitchell! Have a good night." And I headed out the library.

At least we got some progress done. I really want to get good grades for this subject. This is counting 50% of our grade so I must try my best...

A/N

end of chapter! it's a long chapter! i hope you enjoyed it!

-starxight<3