Chapter 13 A Lesson In Kindness

So I'm finally getting back to this one after getting a little help from ErmaCrossover106 who gave me the suggestion for this chapter's topic! Anyway let's see what our favorite family is up to!

Xander had to say that the past few days had been both calm and eventful, the Yureimoto siblings along with Sam and himself have been busy setting things up for the parade. Xander himself was having a rather rough time personally due to the ring box that had been burning a hole in his pocket. Xander had recurved the blessing from each of Yori's siblings, but he still couldn't work up the nerve to pop the question to his girlfriend and he couldn't keep putting it off. Doesn't help that Rin threatened to lock him in a room with Yori if he didn't man up and ask the question himself.
Xander was currently walking through the halls of the Yureimoto estate when he spots his daughters talking in the room they shared with himself and Yori. "Hey girls, I'm surprised your not playing with Erma." Xander said in slight surprise as the twins and Erma had been together almost everyday since they got back from searching for Rin. "Cus is pretty bent on trying to get Aunt Mayumi to stop closing herself off from the rest of the family." Momo said as she rummaged through her bag for something.
"Why aren't you girls out playing with some of the local kids? I'm sure they'd let you join in." Xander said as both his daughters stiffened at his words. "I-I'm pretty sure the kids in town don't want two Yureimoto's playing with them. You know what grandpa is like dad." Mitsu said as she looked around the room nervously. Xander could tell that his daughters were hiding something from him, but he had the feeling they weren't going to tell him outright. "Is there something your not telling me girls?" Xander asked as he gave the twins a rather disappointed look as he waited for them to answer
"O-Of course not dad, why would we hide something from you?" Momo said as she and Mitsu tried to avoid making eye contact with their father as best they could. Xander continued to give his daughters his disappointed look as they started to crack under the pressure. "Alright fine! We bullied the town kids alright! Are you happy now?" Mitsu finally said as she looked at her father nervously. Xander didn't say anything as he approached his daughters. "Are you mad at us dad?" Momo asked nervously as she looked at her father in worry.
Xander's expression softened as he crouched down and patted both his daughters on the top of their heads. "No Momo, I'm not mad just disappointed." Xander said as the twins looked down at their feet in shame. "We wanna say sorry, but every time we try to apologize, we chicken out." Mitsu said as she still refused to bring her gaze up to meet her father's. Xander sighed before deciding to take a seat on his and Yori's bed before planning out his next move carefully. "Well I can't entirely blame you, after all I've been chickening out of something as well." Xander said as the twins gave him a confused look.
"You see there's something I've been meaning to talk to your mother about, but I just can't work up the nerve to do it." Xander said as he pulled the ring box from his pocket and showed it to the girls. Mitsu and Momo's eyes widened at the sight of the tiny black box before tackling their dad into a hug. "Your gonna propose to mom?!" Mitsu and Momo cheered in excitement as they buried their faces in their dad's chest. "Well that is the plan at least. So I wanna make a promise to you two, if your both willing to work up the nerve to apologize, I'll work up the nerve to propose to your mother." Xander explained as the twins agreed.
The twins and Erma were walking through the streets of town as they looked at the different stands selling goods to the public. "Hey, sorry to interrupt." A timid voice said as the three girls turned to see the group of kids that they had run into when looking for Aunt Rin.