Chapter 12:Family Time

Last time Erma found her Aunt Rin along with Xander and the Twins! Xander extended an offer to Rin, which she will have to think about for awhile. So what's next in their adventure in the Yokai world?

Xander woke up with a yawn as he looked around his and Yori's shared room with tired eyes. Xander felt two tiny forms cling to him as he looked down to see his daughters hugging him. "Morning dad!" Momo whispered as she snuggled into her dad's chest. "Did you sleep well?" Mitsu added as she did the same thing as her sister. Xander smiles before returning the hug and giving both of them a kiss on the head. Xander felt another pair of arms wrap around his neck from behind as Yori planted a kiss on his cheek. "Morning sweetie!" Yori said as she nuzzled Xander's cheek with a content sigh.
              Xander turned his head and planted a kiss of his own on Yori's cheek before breaking the group hug. Mitsu and Momo both headed out of the room towards the family room with a skip in their step. Xander and Yori both took their time getting out of bed before following after their daughters. "Morning you two!" Sam said as he and Emiko both approached the couple with smiles on their faces. "Good morning to you as well." Xander said as they all made their way to the living area. Once they got there they found Mitsu, Momo, and Erma sitting on the couch together. Xander spotted someone peeking their head out from behind a door.
Xander slowly approached the door before opening it to reveal Mayumi sitting there. "You know Mayumi, you could join the rest of us out here." Xander said in a good natured tone as he smiled at the Yureimoto sibling. Mayumi quickly stood up and ran off down the hall before Xander could say another word to the faceless girl. Xander turned around with a sigh of defeat only to find Erma standing in front of him with a worried look on her face. "Don't worry Erma, Aunt Mayumi just needs a little time to herself." Xander said as he tried to reassure Erma, but she could tell he was worried about her.
                                     After the family had breakfast, Mitsu and Momo both went off to find Erma. "Those two better not pick on their cousin." Your mumbled as she and Xander sat on the couch together. "Don't worry Yori, those three got along great with each other since yesterday! I'm sure it'll be fine." Xander said as he planted a kiss on Yori's forehead. "I know, but those two can be pretty harsh to others sometimes. They love picking on other children." Yori said sadly as she snuggled into Xander's chest. "I think our girls just act like that as a way to defend themselves." Xander said as he tried his best to put Yori's mind at ease.
Mitsu and Momo both made their way to Erma's room as they smiled at each other before bursting through the door. "Heya Cus! What're you doing in here?!" Momo said as they looked at their cousin, who froze at the sight of them. There was Erma sitting on the floor playing with Unicorn Warrior Princess Dolls. "So this is your dirty little secret Cus? Gotta say I'm a little surprised." Mitsu said in a teasing tone as she and Momo smiled at Erma. To their surprise tears formed in the corners of Erma's eyes as she curled into a ball to avoid looking at the Twins in fear of them making fun of her.
                       Mitsu and Momo looked at each other before rushing out of the room and heading towards their room. Mitsu and Momo quickly grabbed two stuffed animals that meant quite a bit to them. "Sis are you sure you wanna show Cus these things? I mean this is kinda embarrassing." Momo said as she looked at Mitsu with concern present in her eyes. "Momo, Cus didn't want us to find out about her secret, it's only fair if we show her our secret." Mitsu said as she grabbed her sister's hand and began leading her back to Erma's room.
Momo slowly walked up to Erma and tapped her on the shoulder. "Cus? Could you please look at me?" Momo asked as she gently rubbed her cousin's shoulder. Erma seemed to curl in on herself even more as she still refused to look at Momo. "Please Erma? We promise not to laugh at you." Momo said in a reassuring tone as she continued to gently rub her cousin's shoulder. Erma slowly uncurled herself and looked at Momo and was surprised to see her holding a lizard plushy.