Chapter 1:Welcome to Blairwood!

So let's get this story underway as we take a look into the life of Xander Aarons! What adventures await him in Blairwood? Who will he meet? Also the house at the top is the one that Xander is moving into.
Xander Aarons pulled into the driveway of his new house in the small town of Blairwood as he exited his car and looked at his new home. "Well guess this will be my new home for now, god I hope this the only time I get transferred." Xander said to himself as he let out a small yawn from driving through the night to get here. Xander was pulled from his thoughts by the sound of the moving truck pulling up next to the sidewalk. The movers started to unpack the his stuff while Xander got the stuff out of the back of his pickup truck. Before he entered his new home.

                 Xander entered his new house and set to helping out the movers with getting his stuff setup

Xander entered his new house and set to helping out the movers with getting his stuff setup. It took about three hours, but they were able to get his T.V. and his computer setup and in working order. Xander waved goodbye to the movers as they pulled away and took off down the street. Xander made his way back inside as he collapsed onto his couch and turned on the T.V. Xander felt himself sinking in and out of consciousness as he tried to stay focused on the show he was watching. Xander didn't notice it, but every time he closed his eyes the T.V. screen would turn to static.
Xander opened his eyes again as the T.V. screen as it was nothing but static. "What? I could of sworn the movers and I set this thing up correctly." Xander said to himself as he looked at the static running across his T.V. screen. Out of the blue a black circle appeared in the center of the T.V. screen as a little girl with long black hair and wearing a white dress crawled out. "Okay that's it no more all-nighters for me!" Xander said as he watched the girl crawl up his wall. Xander pinched himself to make sure he wasn't asleep, when he felt the slight pinch he knew he was awake.
                     Xander then looked back at the little girl that was still crawling on his wall with her hair covering her face. "Well I guess the only one to blame is myself for not checking to see if anyone died in this house before I bought it." Xander grumbled to himself as he accepted his fate. "Hey tiny! If your going to kill me just get it over with will you?" Xander said as the little girl turned towards him before crawling onto the ceiling. Xander was finally able to get a good look at her face and was surprised to find a very unthreatening face smiling at him.

 Xander was finally able to get a good look at her face and was surprised to find a very unthreatening face smiling at him

                  The little girl waved at him with that smile still plastered on her face. "Uhhhh...Hi?" Xander said as he waved back at the little girl, who dropped from the ceiling and landed next to him on the couch. The little girl then grabbed the remote from the table and changed the channel to a horror movie. "Oh you just wanted to watch T.V. Well that's fine I suppose." Xander said as the little girl smiled at him. Two of them sat in silence as they watched the movie. Xander's attention was pulled away from the movie by a knock on his front door. Xander got up and went to answer the door while the little girl continued to watch the movie.
                   Xander opened the front door and was greeted by a man with brown hair and glasses and a woman who looked like an adult version of the girl in his house.

"Hi I'm Sam Williams and this is my wife Emiko Williams. We're looking for our daughter." Sam said as he introduced himself and his wife. "Xander Aarons, I just moved in today nice to meet both of you! Also I believe this is who your looking for." Xander said as he stepped to the side to reveal the little girl sitting on his couch. "Erma Williams! What have we told you about entering other people's houses uninvited!" Emiko scolded as Erma recoiled back slightly at her mother's tone. "It's fine Emiko. All she's done is watch T.V. with me, no harm done." Xander said as he tried to calm her down.
                 Erma got up from her seat on the couch before walking over to Xander and giving him a quick hug before being picked up by her mother. "So you said your new in town?" Sam asked as he shook hands with Xander. "Yeah, I'm a fireman and I was just transferred to Blairwood's station." Xander explained as he returned the handshake. "That's good to hear, I remember going by the station and seeing that they were pretty shorthanded." Emiko said as she cradled Erma in her arms. "Yeah anyone know why that is?" Xander asked as he scratched the back of his head.
               "Well things can get pretty crazy here in Blairwood, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the reason." Sam said as Xander laughed at his answer. "Seriously? Things get a little out of the ordinary and that makes them runaway? That's just sad." Xander said as he still chuckled at the situation. "Xander do have anything planned for tonight?" Emiko asked as Xander turned to look at her. "Other then maybe impact a few more things, not really." Xander responded as he checked the time on the wall clock. "Well how about you come to our house for dinner? Think of it as us welcoming you to the neighborhood." Emiko said as she gave him a gentle smile.
                     Xander stood in front of the Williams front door as they all entered the house together. "Please make yourself at home, dinner will be ready in an hour." Emiko said as Erma jumped out of her arms and ran to the couch. Xander sat down next to Erma, while Sam to the recliner. "So Firefighter huh? What made you want to run into burning buildings for a living?" Sam asked Xander as they watched T.V. "Well I've always wanted to help people, but I was never smart enough to be a doctor, so Firefighter seemed like a good secondary." Xander said jokingly as Sam let out a chuckle at his words.
                      "Nah, but in all seriousness I'm in it for the fact that I'm saving lives." Xander said in a more serious tone as Sam nodded his head in understanding. "Dinners ready!" Emiko called from the kitchen as they all entered the dinning room and sat down to eat. They all laughed and had a good time as time seemed to fly by. After helping cleanup, Xander made his way to the front door to leave. Erma blocked him at the door before floating into the air and giving him a hug, which he happily returned. "See ya tomorrow Erma." Xander said as he waved goodbye to Sam and Emiko before heading home.
                    Xander locked up his house before getting changed for bed. Xander thought about his first day in his new home and couldn't help but smile. "I think I'm going to like it here." Xander mumbles to himself sleepily as he slowly drifts off to sleep. Xander needed his rest, given he had his first day of work tomorrow. Who knew what kind of accidents and emergencies he would be dealing in his new town? Little did Xander know house fires and car crashes would be the least of his worries in the quiet town of Blairwood.

Okay so that's the first chapter! Next time Xander will start his first day at the Fire Department! What adventures await him? Will he encounter any other new faces? How will his first day on the job play out? Find out in the next chapter of Erma:Family is Forever!