"You forget that CeeBee was my droid first." She smirked over her shoulder. CB-23 mostly hung out with Kat in the beginning, flying with her when she went off base but after Poe returned sans BB-8, Kat talked her droid into going on loan for those who needed the droid more since Kat didn't fly all that often.

Kat turned back to look into the open panel in front of her. Seeing just how difficult it was to reconnect the wire, there was no wonder Poe kept shocking himself. She took the roll of tape and tore off an extra piece with her teeth before wrapping it around the edge of the new casing so she'd have a little bit more room to hold onto.

Poe watched a little in awe before shaking his head. He did not need to go down that path with his thoughts. "Then I should probably tell you that your droid and my droid are now buddies."

Kat nearly had the wire where it needed to be when Poe dropped that bit of information on her. "What?" She asked, whipping around, not even thinking about what she was doing a second before until she was shocked. She jerked her hand back, hissing in pain before glaring at a chuckling Poe.

"Doesn't feel so great, does it?"

She picked up the roll of tape and threw it straight at his chest. He leaned too far back as he flinched to prepare for the contact and to catch it, landing him back into the cockpit. Kat scrambled to the edge of the wing and looked down, relief rushing through her when she saw that he was fine, laughing even. "Aw, you worried about me, Kat?"

She pushed at his knee before moving back so he could get out. "Is this true?" She asked the astromech. "And how did that happen?" She followed up when CB-23 gave her an affirmative beep.

Kat rolled her eyes while Poe laughed. "Isn't that what you're trying to do here? Grow on me?" He asked.

"I'm here trying to figure out how we're to work together but clearly that's not going to work out." She mumbled as she moved to straddle the wing, figuring she could try a different angle to get the wire connected.

She felt him behind her before he spoke. "I thought we worked together just fine."

Kat didn't answer as she focused on the task at hand. He moved closer so he could watch over her shoulder. "You know, this would go a lot easier if you weren't hovering."

"Just want to make sure you don't hurt my ship."

Kat rolled her eyes and placed the wire back where it belonged and made sure it stayed there. She sat back but instead of air, she was met with his chest meeting her back. "Are you going to move?"

"I don't know. Am I growing on you yet?" He asked with a smirk, using CB-23's excuse.

"Growing on my nerves." She gritted out, not wanting to focus on the feeling of his breath on her neck or the warmth she felt where their bodies touched.

Poe laughed and moved back before climbing down. CB-23 went next as Kat replaced the panel, rolling off the wing and right into Poe's waiting arms. Kat moved down and Poe was still waiting there. The ghost of his mother would surely come to haunt him if he didn't at least offer to help her down. "You good?"

Kat nodded. "Getting up is so much easier than getting down."

"I can go move the ladder to this side."

She shook her head. "No, I can get down fine." She lowered herself down to the final perch before dangling one leg and then the other. Kat took a deep breath, assessing the jump before sliding down the rest of the way.

His hands went to her waist to help steady her while her hands landed on his shoulders. They were once more closer than they ever had been before. "See, I told ya." She said as she brushed off his shoulders, stepping back.