I wince, and look in the direction of the trashcan, tears coming to my eyes when I see the empty boxes.

Why didn't I buy any more from the last time?

I lift a hand to wipe my tears away, and i take a deep breath.

Okay, I have to ask someone to bring me some pads for the blood currently dripping out of my vagina.

Fun.

I'll just call Mom; she'll tell me what to do.

I look around for my phone, my heartbeat increasing when I don't see it.

Where the fuck is it?

It is at that moment when I remember where it is.

On my dining room table.

Where Aaron is.

Fuck. Me.

What did I do to deserve this?

The pressure in my stomach increases, though not to the point of pain.

The cramps are coming.

Against my efforts not to, I start crying.

Like, crying crying.

I put a hand over my mouth to muffle my sobs.

What the hell is happening?

I've been crying more and more in the recent weeks.

Before the school year started, I hadn't cried since the day Kyle cheated on me.

The thought of Kyle makes me cry harder, and I want it to stop, I just want it to stop.

And I realize how pathetic I am, how pathetic this is. Crying my eyes out on a bathroom toilet like it's completely normal.

A knock sounds on the door, and my tears start to clear up.

"Cassie?" Aaron asks, his voice hesitant. "You alright?"

I nod my head, but then remember that he can't see me-I'm a dumbass-and sniffle.

"Yeah," I say, my voice clogged with snot and tears. "I'm fine."

There's no response, but I know he's still standing outside the door because that's just who he is.

"Cass," he finally says, and my tears return. The one word I literally never want to hear him say is my name. Ironic. "I know we're not... together, but that doesn't mean you can't talk to me or ask me to do things. I'll do whatever you want me to. I'll always do whatever you want." He pauses. "And maybe that means I'm whipped, but I don't give a fuck, okay? Just... tell me what's wrong."

Why do I want to tell him everything that's wrong, everything that ever was wrong, and everything that I fear could go wrong?

Why do I want to tell him everything, the good and bad?

Why do I want him to give me that dumb fucking smirk he always wears?

Why do I want him to make me laugh?

Why do I want him to flick my fucking nose?

Am I...

No, I can't be.

It's been, what, six months?

Can you fall in love in six months?

You can't right? It's not possible. It has to take at least a year; that's what everyone says, right?

Where the fuck is my fucking brain right now?

"Cassie," he says, his voice the softest I've ever heard it. "Please."