Chapter 1 - This Is Not Berk

Okay, quick thing before we begin the first chapter. In the second movie they say these lines:
Gobber: really? Your night fury and deadly Nadder didn't bring them cheering to the rooftops?
Hiccup: no this was different. This wasn't the classic, 'run to the hills ho ha'- (and so on)
Basically I thought about this and I thought "I wonder what that would have been like the first time that happened. Them arriving at some island and people are running for their lives." So, along with my crazy imagination I give you my idea that scenario. Enjoy :)

--------------------
Hiccup's POV:
--------------------

This...is not Berk. This is the middle of the ocean. Berk is far behind me. The rock in the middle of no where that some idiot decided to build on. On Berk you have the weather any tourist would love! Cold, freezing cold and frozen. Sometimes so cold you will freeze in places you didn't even know you had. The island that turns from rock to an ice berg in minutes. Yep, that's Berk. Glad I'm not there though. Now I'm flying over the ocean heading to the Meathead islands to pick up metal supplies for dad. But most importantly, to change the minds of the people.

You see, Berk is the only island that rides dragons. And I've taken the job to show other tribes they can train dragons too because I believe this is the future. Now all I have to do is prove to dad that I can change these peoples minds.

"Ugh, how long is it supposed to take to get there?" Astrid complained, leaning back on Stormfly.

"Well on dragons its..."I was cut off.

"Ow!" She yelled and sat up.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked, flying a bit closer to check.

"Ugh, that's it! This saddle is done for! That was the last straw!" She yelled and tried to sit forward more. I noticed the back of her saddle was already breaking away.

"Maybe it's time you got Gobber to make you a new one." I suggested.

"You think? You know I've been thinking of some designs!" She smiled. Guessing she really wanted to tell me I let her continue.

"Go on..." I offered.

"Well, I really wanted it to hold my axe and bow. Maybe even a place to wrap up some spare blankets or something. Then most importantly I really wanted stirrups and a handle so I can stay on better." She smiled, proud of herself.

"Sounds elaborate, to say the least." I said quietly but I think she heard me. She gave me a stare that clearly said 'are you for real?' I turned the other way with wide eyes hopping I wasn't being to awkward. "Maybe you can add some colours to brighten it up a bit." I broke the silence.

"Yeah! Good idea. I guess blue and orange. They are my favourite two." She looked over to me.

"Sounds good." I smiled back.

"Oh thank thor we're here!" Astrid stated, relieved.

"Ah! We didn't think of a plan yet!" I shouted.

"Simple, we land, they get scared, they run. Or, we land, they fight, we flee." She grinned at me.

"Seriously, we need a plan." I stated serious.

"Ugh, let's just land and see what happens." She rolled her eyes.

"Wait! I have an idea!" I smiled.

----time skip----

"Hiccup? Is that you?" A tall man approached me.

"Uh, ye, yes." I stuttered.

"Haha! You're Stoick's son! I haven't seen you since you were this big!" He put his hand low to the ground trying to show me my once small height.

"Hehe, yeah." I said awkwardly, rubbing the back of my head.

"And who's this?" He gestured to Astrid.

"Uh, this, this is Astrid." I pointed while Astrid just crossed her arms, not being the talkative type.

"Well, you got yourself a fine girl there 'iccup..." He smiled and stood up taller. I coughed twice kind of embarrassed before the tall man continued. "...I am Nymph." He smiled. Did he say Nymph. Nymphs are said to be tiny. This man was anything but tiny. He was bloody huge!

"Hehe, um, so... Chief sent me to pick up the metal supplies." I changed the subject.

"Oh yes! It's right this way. Like me to take it down to your ship?" He began walking towards what looked like their food shed.

"Ship? Haha, who needs a ship?" I laughed awkwardly not really knowing where this conversation was gonna go.

"How did you get here without a ship?"