Chapter Thirteen: After

Three months.

Three bloody months.

That's all it's been since the day Voldemort died.

The day I did something I never thought I would do.

The day Cedric saw me at my complete worst.

The day I spoke to Draco for the last time.

I haven't talked with him since. I want to, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I can hardly look in his direction, or any Slytherin's direction for that matter. It pains me, physically makes me ill to be around one.

And it's not even their fault.

No one has given me a hard time though, surprisingly enough. Not a single soul has mentioned anything to me about being the daughter of the Dark Lord or being a nasty traitor. In fact, people are even nicer to me than they were before. I don't understand it at all. Everyone should hate me, especially a specific someone.

I miss him, Draco, I mean. I miss his touch and his kiss and his smile. He never smiles anymore. I miss his absolute happiness and the twinkle in his grey eyes when he hears a joke. I miss the way he used to run his hand through my hair when we was trying to tease me. I miss the way he was always there and always by my side.

I miss him.

Cedric and the Golden Trio know I do too. They can see it every time I walk into a room and, even though they absolutely despise him, they hate it for me too. They try to keep me as occupied as possible.

Hermione lets me study with her. She reads with me and helps me with all my lessons, especially potions. 'Mione gets a little frustrated cause I zone out while reading occasionally but she never mentions it. She just makes sure I stay up to date on my studies.

Harry takes me to Hogsmeade every chance he can get. He says getting me out in the fresh air is key to making me feel better. He makes sure to always stand protectively close to me and ignores the stares we receive. He buys me little presents at different shops.

Ron sneaks out with me to get late night snacks from the kitchen and prank the Hufflepuffs, even though it's my own house. We've egged that door on countless occasions, and never once been caught. Cedric knows it's us though, I can tell by the way he smiles while complaining about it.

Cedric, well, he's always there.

Cedric never leaves my side, and honestly, I am extremely happy about that. He walks with me to each of our lessons and is always seated next to me at lunch. He takes care of me when I am too drained to do so, mentally or physically. He combs out my hair and helps me tidy all my things. He holds my hair back when I get sick from my guilt and trauma. He holds my hand when we pass a certain hallway that is hard for me to overcome. He cradles me in the middle of the night when I'm screaming from my nightmares.

Those horrid nightmares.

I've had them ever since that dreaded day and they don't ever stop. The images just keep playing over and over in my head and I can't seem to get over it. I've started sleeping on the couch in the common room because I hated disturbing the other girls. I place a silencing spell on the boys and girls dorms so they become sound proof from my screams. Cedric still knew though, and of course he came immediately to my aid. He lays with me on the couch and rubs my back to calm me back down. He places soft kisses to my temple as he whispers calming words in my ear. He doesn't make them go away completely, but he does make them not as real. That has become our new normal.

I continue buttoning the buttons on my shirt up as I make my way from the dorms to the common room, where Cedric is waiting for me. As I finish the top button I look up and smile at the sandy haired boy. I place a kiss to his cheek before being lifted up into a hug.