Chapter Twelve: Decisions, Decisions

Third Person POV

(Y/n) sits frozen as she stares blankly at the pale grey outstretched hand, warring within herself what to do. After all, it is a matter of life or death.

"We haven't got all day, my dear," Voldemort sighs impatiently at her while reaching out to clasp her hand, forcibly pulling her up from her seat, "He should be arriving any moment now."

As the Dark Lord turns to drag her out of the room, the young witch keeps her feet planted, stopping him in his tracks. With an impatient look in his eye, he snarls at her.

"Listen to me, you inconsiderate ophidian, I will not let you-"

"No!" (Y/n) shouts, yanking her wrist out of the elder wizard's grasp. His eyes widen at her action, sending harsh chills down her spine.

"I beg your pardon?" The Dark Lord sneers, taking a dominating step towards his trembling daughter.

"I said no," she repeats, her confidence oddly growing, "I will not let you control me the way you controlled my mother. I will not be a pawn in your wicked game of chess. My whole life I have been told what to do and who to be and I have had enough!"

Voldemort takes a step back, a worried glint in his eyes as he stares at the young witch. This action only boosts (Y/n)'s confidence more, pairing with her rage.

"It isn't fair to me, or anyone else, what you're trying to pull off! When this deal is said and done, you'll discard me just like you did to her. I am sick and tired of watching the people I love get taken away from me because of you," she shouts, her voice cracking with angered sobs.

As the trembling in her body increases, the room begins to slightly rattle as well. Tears fill her eyes as paper, pens, and clocks begin levitating around her.

"Y-You, you need to calm down, my dear," Voldemort beckons shakily, gripping tightly onto his wand.

"Calm down? Calm down?! To hell with that! To hell with you! I will not bloody calm down. Not while you're still breathing. Not when you're still trying to-to control me!" (Y/n) screams, tears dripping down her face.

With one, cracked sob, she falls to her knees, her arms wrapped tightly around herself. Her flushed cheeks begin burning as they become stained with tears.

"It's all your fault! Everything is your fault! You're the reason I don't have a family. You're the reason I'm so alone. And now-now you're trying to strip me of the one of the only people that is staying by my side," she cries through shaky breaths.

Voldemort takes another step back, his lips pressed into a thin line. With no trace of sorrow or remorse on his face, he lifts his wand and aims it directly at his daughter. As he opens his mouth to utter the words of the killing curse, (Y/n) lets out a shallow plea.

"I wish- I-I wish you would just die!"

Meanwhile

"Malfoy! Are you alright?" Cedric asks frantically, staring at the groaning boy next to him.

"Does it bloody look like I'm alright, Diggory?" Draco snaps, clutching tightly onto his left arm. "Oh bloody hell, it sodding hurts."

"Here, let me-"

"Keep your filthy hands off me," Draco seethes, causing Cedric to flinch back, a pained look on his face. "Driver, speed up! We need to arrive quickly."

"Only two more minutes until arrival, Mr. Malfoy," the driver immediately replies.

"Why? What's wrong?" Cedric asks worriedly, his eyes switching from Draco to the driver as he watches him accelerate.