Chapter Nine: Chills

"(Y/n), if you don't get your arse up in the next three seconds, I will not hesitate to hex you," Cedric warns again as I lay cuddled up in bed.

I let out one more, irritated groan and stretch my body out, my eyes fluttering open to an aggravated Cedric. I flash him a sleepy smile as I sit up, letting the blanket fall off my shoulders and onto my lap. Now blushing slightly, Cedric rolls his eyes and tosses me my uniform and robes.

"You've already missed breakfast, so I smuggled you out a muffin. Hurry up, you have five minutes," he states bluntly, tossing a muffin in my open hands.

"Five minutes?!" I shout, turning back around to grab my uniform.

I quickly pick up the slightly wrinkled clothes, and my muffin of course, and swing around to rush to the bathroom door. Before I do though, I freeze and peck Cedric on the cheek.

"Thank you," I spit out quickly as I run into my bathroom, not even waiting for his response.

I throw my clothes on and quickly brush my teeth, getting water all across the bathroom counter as I do. Running a brush through my hair, I spray on some perfume and make my way back out to my room. When I do, Cedric is patiently waiting on me with my bag in his hands by the exit. I flash him a warm smile as I take my bag from his grasp.

"Sorry, I don't know what's up with me today. Things just feel really off," I shrug as we make our way down the stairs, my brows furrowing slightly.

"I know what you mean," Cedric nods in agreement, "I've been getting random chills all morning," he adds as the door to our classroom finally comes into view. I shake my head and let out a small sigh.

"I'm sure it's just the weather change."

I open the door and almost immediately freeze in my tracks as all eyes fall onto us. Walking towards my seat, an eerie feeling comes over me. Hermione looks pleadingly at me before quickly spinning around in her seat and placing her hand on Harry's back once more.

It's only then that I notice Harry's demeanor.

He's sitting in his chair, elbows leaning on his knees, clutching his forehead. A look of intense pain and pure agony is etched tightly across his face. Low, gravelly winces begin slipping through his slightly chapped lips as he keeps his eyes squeezed shut. Ron and Hermione are clearly doing their best to ail the young wizard's pain but their efforts are quite obviously benign.

"Harry?" I ask, my voice cracking with worry. I rush up to him, placing my hands on either side of his face, "Harry, what's wrong? What hurts?"

Harry doesn't respond, simply tenses under my palms. I can feel his flushed face shaking beneath my hands and can't help but grow even more worried. His jaw clenches tighter, a weak attempt to muffle the groans slipping out of his mouth.

"It's his scar. It's been killing him all morning," Hermione states worriedly.

"We tried to get him to stay back in the dorm, but blimey, he's just about as stubborn as 'Mione is about missing lessons. Though I'm not sure why," Ron adds, leaning forward onto the table.

My heart continues to clench as I stare at the pained wizard in my hands. I begin wracking my brain for any inkling of an idea for what could be causing this. Panic runs rampant through my veins as I try to find a solution for my friend's pain.

Then, just as quickly as it had started, it all seems to stop.

Harry sits up from his crouched position, uncurling himself. His pained face unscrews as he wipes the back of his hands over his tear stained eyes, letting out a short sigh. His gaze finally catches mine and he sends me a frightened glance. Harry's hands clench around my wrists, pulling them towards his chest.