Chapter 12 (Lies)

Marinette sighed, staring at Adrien worriedly. According to Nino, Adrien and Kagami had broken up. Marinette couldn't help but feel a little guilty, not knowing who needed the most support. Kagami broke up with Adrien, but she still seemed hurt. She obviously didn't want to. Then, Adrien seemed exhausted. Like he'd stayed up all night. He didn't act too sad other than that, but she suspected he was just covering it up.

She noticed Lila murmuring something to Kagami. She was curious as to what it was, but didn't care that much. Probably just putting up her nice girl act again, but if her words truly helped Kagami and didn't harm anyone else, she was completely fine with it.

Marinette leaned over her desk, closer to Adrien's ear. "Are you okay?" She asked quietly.

He looked back and smiled, "fine... Thanks for asking, Marinette."

"I'm always here if you need to talk. I'm sure things'll turn out okay."

Adrien's smile became more sincere as she spoke, "I know. You're a great friend, Marinette. Thank you for that."

She smiled back, "you're a great friend too. You deserve the best!"

Adrien chuckled, "I already have you, don't I?"

Marinette looked a little confused, but smiled. He quickly continued when he remembered what form he was in. He didn't play-flirt as Adrien, only occasionally as Chat.

"And Nino and Alya."

Marinette nodded. "They're the best. Before you and Alya came, when we were littler, Nino defended me from Chloe, and Alya taught me to stick up for myself more..." She grinned at her friends. She was really just trying to distract him from Kagami, but it was nice to remember these things.

"Alright class," the teacher spoke as she came in. Marinette sat back in her seat, giving Adrien a warm smile that made his emotions twist more than they already were.

"Today you get to finish up your projects. Those who have work to do will go to the library, and everyone else will stay here. You can talk once you're in here as much as you want, just use appropriate language and don't be too loud."

"Alya, you can stay in here. You've finished your part. Me and Adrien didn't finish the project yesterday, and don't have much to do anyways."

Alya nodded. "Gotcha, tell me if you need help though."

"Will do!"

Marinette and Adrien entered the library and quietly began to work. To Marinette, the silence was fine and comfortable, but to Adrien it was awkward. His emotions were a wreck, and the long silence just left him to his thoughts. He snuck glances at her as she got out her supplies. Staples, pencils, markers, and erasers.

"S-so, how should we do this?" Adrien asked. It was funny how the roles had turned. He was the nervous wreck here, now.

"Well, the teacher said it has to be on paper and we need a cover. You work on editing that and printing it, I'll make a cover and decorate the pages, then staple everything together. It shouldn't be too much work."

Adrien nodded and got to work, grateful that there were lines under each misspelled word. Marinette made the cover with a large drawing and a flowery frame, adding a pretty title with each of their names written on it.

After working for a good 45 minutes, they were done. Adrien insisted on staying while Marinette was decorating, even though she said it was fine for him to go. He wanted to keep her company.

They had 30 minutes left in class. Alya happily approached Marinette as soon as they entered the classroom, "guess what, girl? Lila says she might know who Ladybug is!"

"She lied about being friends with Ladybug before, I doubt she really figured it out. Who does Lila think she is, anyways?"

"Won't tell, but she's giving hints! We might actually know her."

Marinette's eyes widened, "aha... Us, know Ladybug..? Wouldn't you already know, Alya?" She nervously spoke.

"Not unless she's my best friend, and no way you're Ladybug, I would've already figured that out."

"Right... Um, don't post it on your Ladyblog. You won't want to expose her to Hawkmoth. Didn't you say you were giving up on finding out Ladybug's identity, anyways?"

"Well... Yeah, but I can keep it a secret if I find out. And don't worry, I won't tell anyone who doesn't already know."

"O-okay, good! Anyways, um, how are things between you and Nino?"

"Hm..? Oh, he says he has a surprise for me after school."

"Wonder what it is..." Marinette laughed nervously, still concerned.

Did Lila really find out..?

"I saw Ladybug de-transform. Her eyes and hair actually change color when she's Ladybug. She has dark brown hair and golden eyes. Weird, huh?" Lila spoke, talking to a new student that Marinette couldn't remember the name of.

Pfft, of course not. Lila and her lies... I should be careful, though, she's back at it with her lies...

---_---_---_---_---_---_---_---_---

Sorry this came out so late! Like I said in an edit last chapter, I accidentally deleted this one. I wanted to redo it, but the next chapter isn't too bad if you would've skipped this one. It'd make enough sense.

Anyways, yeah, that's all... Bai!