Chapter 8 (Secret Visitor)

"Someone's fallen in love~" Plag teased.

"Yeahh, with Kagami..."

"You said that you wanted to be with Marinette for the rest of your life."

"Wait I said that out loud? Uh... I didn't mean it like that."

"How did you mean it, then?"

"I wanna stay with her... Like a friend! In a friendly way. I'm dating-"

"Kagami... Kid, you already hurt one girl, don't hurt Kagami like that... She's starting to get suspicious. She's not as dumb as you are, you know."

"Whatever, Plagg. Just get in my shirt, please? I'm going to the movies with Nino and Alya. Don't wanna be late. It took forever to convince father to let me go."

"If Alya's there Marinette will probably be there, too... You sure that's not why you're in such a rush?"

"Shush, Plagg. Marinette doesn't like horror."

"You're only salty 'cause you know I'm right."

"If you get into my shirt and stay there, you get cheese. Sound good?"

"Camembert?" Plagg smiled, flying right in.

Adrien sighed and hurried downstairs, "I'm leaving!" He called out to Nathalie, hurrying out the door.

He walked to the theatre. It didn't take too long, and he was there just as Nino and Alya arrived.

"Hey dude!" Nino grinned, "ready to be scared?"

"Yep! It's my first horror movie, actually. My father doesn't want me watching those things."

"It starts soon... Hopefully Marinette makes it. That girl is never on time." Alya spoke.

"Marinette's coming?" Adrien's eyes lit up. "Wait, doesn't she hate horror movies?"

"Yeah, but we convinced her to come. She hasn't watched one at all since we've known one another, said she last saw one when she was like... Eight. I'm sure she'll like em if she tries watching one."

"So, this is basically her first horror movie too!" He grinned.

"You're awfully happy to see her... Happier then when Kagami is mentioned..." Nino raised a brow.

"I'm just happy she's more comfortable around me. I wanna get to know her more, she's a good friend."

"Are you sure you don't-"

"Sorry! I'm here!" Marinette called, running over.

"Hello Marinette!" Adrien smiled.

"Hi," she smiled sheepishly. "Sorry to keep you waiting, I stayed up and didn't sleep well last night..."

Maybe I should've stayed to help her... He frowned. "I hope this doesn't make you have trouble sleeping again tonight..."

"I'm sure it'll be fine. Let's go! I wanna grab some snacks."

"I can pay for snacks and drinks," Adrien offered. Marinette smiled gratefully.

"Really? I brought my own money, I can by stuff for myself..."

"It's fine, I brought money too. Father won't even notice I spent it on snacks."

Alya and Nino watched Adrien curiously. He scratched the back of his head awkwardly, "I'll buy everyone snacks." I really just want to repay Marinette for the food... But they don't know about my interactions with her as Chat Noir.