Cat & Mouse {Chapter 2; Bring It Bitch} {Watty Awards}

• Dedicated to Bree Livesey

Cat & Mouse {The Hunt}

Chapter 2; Bring It, Bitch!

I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up it was dark, and the sun was no longer shining in my face. Groaning, I pushed myself off my bed and stumbled towards my luggage bag. Grabbing my smokes, some clothes and my phone, I walked out the door, locking it behind me. Walking down the hallway, I found a bathroom and checked if there was anyone in it. When I saw that no one was in it, I shut the door behind me, locking it.

I got undressed and stepped into the shower, trying to concentrate as I scrubbed my body. Closing my eyes, images started flashing through my head. Horrible unwanted images of my past. I gasped and quickly got out of the shower, drying myself and getting changed. I grabbed all my stuff, shoving my phone and smokes in the pockets of my pants, walked out of the bathroom and down into the kitchen, where there were three people in there lounging around. I didn’t bother with a greeting; I walked straight to the fridge, grabbed a can of Bundy Rum and Cola, and exited just as quickly through the front door. Pausing on the porch steps, I grabbed my cigarettes out of my back pocket and lit one up before continuing walking. I headed further into the forest, finally coming to a large rock. With a sigh, I sat on it, letting the warm air run through my wet partially wet hair. After taking a few puffs of my cigarette, I pull my phone out of my pocket, dialling the first number I see.

I sit patiently while it rings, each ring getting louder and louder. I was about to give up when a voice on the other end answers.

“Hello?”

“Landon, hey it’s Jenna,” I said, and he sighs.

“What do you want, Jay?” my brother asked, impatiently.

“Someone to talk to maybe,” I said, on the verge of tears.

“Why me, Jay? Answer that for me. You get up one day and just leave home. No calls no letters, nothing; and now you care?” Landon argues. “Answer that Jay—” he demands loudly before hanging up.

'You’re hiding something Jenna,' a voice called.

 I looked around; no one was there.

With tears falling down my face, I shove my phone back into my pocket roughly and screamed loudly.

“FUCK!” I screamed. Just as I finished my little sissy fit I heard footsteps behind me. I turned and saw someone walking towards me in the shadows.

“Are you okay?” he asked in a thick Irish accent. Walking closer, his appearance shocked me. Simple and plain to anyone else, but beautiful to me. Chestnut-coloured hair and deep brown eyes complimented his lightly tanned skin, and his built figure went well with his height.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks,” I replied, calm.

“Llayton,” he said, offering his hand.

“Jenna.” I slipped my hand into his, trying to ignore the warmth as I shook it.

“Nice to meet you, Jenna,” Llayton said, grinning at me.

I faintly smiled back and nodded. “Likewise.”

 “Your accent it amazing,” he stated, staring into my eyes.

“Likewise,” I repeated, causing him to smile

“Is that all you will say?” He asked.

“No, I’m just not in a good mood,” I replied rudely

“Okay,” he said softly.

“Um, I have to go, but I’ll see you later, yeah?” I asked looking at him.