chapter | one

chapter | o n e:

Mazie had friends, but not too many. she wasn't by any means, popular and she wasn't in a big clique. it was mainly just her and her best friend, Minnie. Mazie and Minnie were very similar, liked the same type of music, both were pastel goths, and both shared a love for the art of a pencil--whether it be writing or drawing or painting--they loved it.

Minnie knew about Shawn and she thought the kid was a prick, and absolute idiot, she got heated just thinking about the fact that he would choose a girl over his best friend. you just don't do that, especially when the friend knows how much you like the boy. yeah, that's right, Laur knew about Mazies crush on Shawn, yet she took advantage of Shawns feelings. I mean, if Mazie and Minnie were to run into Shawn and Laur right now, Minnie would probably pull Laur away so Mazie and Shawn could talk about things.

at the moment, Mazie and Minnie were walking to Minnie's house, because they were gonna hangout--as per usual. Minnie suggested they stop by a Starbucks, so they walked in and got in line.

as the line moved up, Mazie and Minnie were in deep conversation about how Jack Barakat and Alex Gaskarth really do love eachother and that they're meant to be, when someone behind them cleared their throat. Minnie turned around ready to tell the idiot off, but she locked eyes with a pair of honey brown ones, and she smirked instantly. Minnie turned to Mazie who wore a surprised expression on her face. Minnie nudged Mazies ribcage, and walked ahead of her to go order her drink.

"hi, Mazie," Shawn said, awkwardly.

"Shawn," Mazie said, putting up a protective barrier.

"so, uh, Maze, how've you been? haven't seen you in ages," Shawn exclaimed.

"well, it wouldn't be that way if you hadn't ditched me a year ago," Mazie mumbled.

"what?" Shawn asked, he really hadn't caught what Mazie said.

"it wouldn't be that way if you hadn't ditched me," Mazie said with full confidence.

"look, I'm-" Shawn started.

"no time for apologies," Mazie sassed, sticking her hand out at Shawn and turning around, looking at the menu for something, Shawn tried talking to her again, but she just shut him down.

"look, Shawn, you're an idiot okay? what, you don't think that I didn't hear that you broke up with your girlfriend? well I did, don't freaking come crawling back to me now that you're single. I get that we were best friends and all, but what you did, was heartless. completely heartless. why the hell would you even do that, especially to your supposed best friend?"

"I wasn't thinking straight, Mazie! do you really think I would just ditch you like that?" Shawn sassed back.

"well how the hell am I supposed to know? I don't even know who you are anymore," Mazie said.

"mocha for Macie?" the barista asked, Mazie walked up, and took her drink.

"good luck on your tour, Shawn, have a nice life," Mazie said.

"Maze! stop, let me explain everything!" Shawn said, Mazie shook her head, hurt evident in her eyes.

"I-I can't do this, Shawn, you just...you don't understand," Mazie said.

"then explain!" Shawn said drawing attention to them, causing Mazie to blush a deep scarlet, she smiled innocently at the people who were giving them menacing looks.

"Shawn, she said she couldn't do this, don't push her, man," Minnie butted in, Shawn sealed his lips together and nodded at the duo, Mazie ran out of the café and around the side of the building.

once Mazie knew she was in a spot where she could, she cried, she cried out of anger, out of spite, out of rage, but most of all, out of sadness. how could she turn him down, again? she missed him. she missedhim. shemissedhimsomuch. she turned around and started punching the wall, she didn't care. she knew she was fucking up her dominate hand, but she couldn't do this anymore.

about five minutes after her running out of Starbucks, Shawn came and he had walked out and heard crying, he walked to where he thought the crying was coming from, once he got to the alley, he saw her, he saw Mazie. he saw the most beautiful girl punching the wall. he saw her fucking up her hand, he dropped his iced tea and ran down the alley, pulling Mazie away from the wall and into his arms.

she was sobbing uncontrollably, and violently shaking. he just wanted her to be okay. why was she crying? he rubbed her back and whispered kind things to her to calm her down, he was also gently rocking her back and forth.

five or six minutes later, Minnie came down the alleyway panting. Shawn looked up at her and smiled. Minnie gave a sarcastic smile back.

"hello, I'm Shawn. Shawn Mendes, I don't think we've been properly introduced," Shawn said, Minnie rolled her eyes and mocked him.

"I'm Minnie. Minnie Rane. I'm Mazie's best friend," Minnie sassed. "look, kid, I know you're trying to help, but I need to take her home."

"yeah, yeah, of course. and hey, look, I'm sorry if I caused this," Shawn said.

"yeah, sure you are, look you've made her fuck up her hand, her dominate hand, might I add. Shawn she's a fucking artist what the hell is she going to do?" Minnie angrily asked, taking Mazies good hand in hers. "just...just, go, please, you're not doing anyone any justice here."

so there he went. he started out of the alleyway, but before he completely left the alleyway he turned around and mouthed an 'I love you' to Mazie, whom of course didn't see anything, she was sobbing into Minnie's shoulder. Shawn bowed his head, and walked down the street.

I really fucked things up, huh? Shawn thought to himself. why the hell did I ditch her? she was great to me and I was shit to her! what did I do? I'll tell you, I've lost the love of my life, my best friend, the most important girl in the world, I've lost her and I don't think I can get her back. this kept running through Shawns mind.

(BOLD IS MAZIE ITALICS IS HER MUM)

i ran into him mum i freaking ran into him.

oh sweetie what happened?

he.. wanted to know why i wouldn't talk to him, and i wouldn't tell him.

why didn't you tell him, love?

because, as much as i miss him, he should know why i wouldn't talk to him, mum.

okay, love. but I'm sure he'll be there when you're ready to talk, yeah?

idk mom i was a big fat brat to him. oh, i also screwed up my hand.

what? what've you done?

...i didn't punch a wall or anything like that whilst bawling my head off nope nope that didn't ever happen.

oh, honey. well, come home and let's ice it. we'll just have to wait and see if it's bad enough to go to the doc's.

thanks mum love you tons.

{next few chapters are just gonna be text messages between various people, some will be long conversations others won't. haha}