Chapter 4~ An attack

~Third Person POV~

It had been a few weeks since the announcement. All the other goddesses had fled, and most were now returned to their home, but the unusual amount of 4 goddesses instead of 3, staying in the demon realm.

Over these past few weeks, Meliodas and Elizabeth developed a very strong friendship, which Gelda seems to think could blossom into more. Speaking of Gelda, Gelda spent her time with Zeldris, and although most days would be her, drunk, Zeldris couldn't help but feel attraction for her. He thought she was amazing.

They spoke sometimes even when she wasn't drunk, and those were the moments Zeldris loved best. She was a kind person, but very defensive with those she cares about.

So I guess you could say, both demons are in a fantasy.

~Zeldris's POV~

Another day begins as I yawn rather obnoxiously, rising out of my bed. I let the goddess I was originally assigned with just sit there talking on her phone with her goddess friends. I'd let her flee soon if I got permission for Gelda to be my goddess.

Gelda walks into my room, and I was expecting her to be drunk, but except it's another occasional sober day.

She was smirking, though, as she sat beside me, which eventually turned into laughs.

"What is so hysterical??" I ask, but not too coldly.

"Oh nothing, just Elizabeth blushing madly as usual..."

She never once told me why her friend would blush so much. Was it because of my brother? Was it simply because of Geldas jokes and teasing?

"I have a question for you, Gelda." I tell her, silently. She leans in.

"Go on, I'm all ears."

"So, you always say Elizabeth blushes. You never once told me why...?"

She seems hesitant for a second, but sighs.

"I think I can trust you enough to tell you. I think your brother has fallen for her. I can't be too sure, but it seems like it-"

It was just as I expected. That must have explained his quick defence at the actual ceremony. It also explained why he kept approaching her at that same ceremony.

"Well I guess that's another demon who's fallen for a goddess..." I mutter, going bright red after what I said.

"H-huh??" she asks, stammering.

The butterflies rise in my stomach as her pure eyes stare into my cold ones. Well, WAS cold. They all of a sudden felt...warm...and happy?

"Zeldris! Your eyes..." she said.

Her eyes turn into a normal purple colour, the goddess symbol fading.

"Gelda, your eyes are..normal..."

"So are yours..." she said, and I rush to the mirror to see my emerald green eyes.

Oh my god, where is my demon symbol??? Where is my cold aura?? It's gone!

"Well well well...." a familiar male voice traces off, as we swiftly turn towards my bedroom door, only to find Estarossa looking our way.

"So...looks like Zeldris here has lost his demon aura."

I turn back to the cold man I once was, looking his way.

"Gelda, get behind me, NOW."

But it was too late. Estarossa quickly leaped behind me, slaying her only with a drop of demon power, leaving her in a pool of her own blood.

My heart dropped, and my voice grew weaker. All I could whisper was her name. "Gelda..."

My sudden wrath overthrows me, as I swing attacks back and forth. Whilst our little battle happened, Meliodas made an entrance.

He raced towards us, stopping the fight. "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH YOU TWO-" but he stops, to see my late lover, on the floor, swimming in her blood, red stains and bruises all over her skin, a deadly scar on her forehead. Her skin was growing more pale, and she could only open her eyes slightly. Her lips were not the bold red colour as they always were, but were now growing a dead grey. It hurt me to see her in so much bad condition, as I fell in love with her.

She drank a lot, but deep down, she was the kindest. The only one who I felt could understand me. Of course, Meliodas is the best brother ever, but he's a part of my family, so it was expected of him to have cared for me, and although I was greatful for this, Gelda was the first goddess, first person in the outer-world to understand me.

"What happened to Gelda.......?" he drifts off, almost as if he was going to panic.

"Estarossa....you're- you're going to PAY. You hear me??? You'll regret what you've done." I exclaim in pure anger and pain. More than ever before.

Estarossa smirks. "At least Meliodas isn't dumb enough to fall for a stupid goddess. I mean- cmon. Losing your demonic aura already? You were never cut to be demon king. The battle is now only between me and Meliodas."

"...What do you mean, Estarossa? This was never a battle between brothers. And there's no way I'm getting involved in this." Meliodas tells the both of us, with a stern look, though his eyes felt, sympathetic in a way.

"You'll see~" he says, before going off on his walk.

Meliodas and I walk towards Gelda, who was struggling to breathe.

"Gelda...I want you to know that, I love you. Even though we haven't known each other long. I love you. Nothing can change that. Even demons can...fall in love. And nothing, NOTHING, can change that. Not laws. Not power. Not fame. Not the money. Not even the offer to become demon king. I'm so in love with you, and I'll make sure you make it...okay? Live for me, please....I don't know what to do without you..." I ramble on.

Meliodas only stands there, taking everything in.

"Z-Zeldris...although I'm...usually..a..*cough* drunkie....I always...loved you. It wasn't the *cough* alcohol."

I hug her, as she stays silent. Her hands shake, a struggle to move. She will make it. I'll make sure.

"Zeldris...I'll be..okay...d-don't move."

"What?? But you're seriously injured????!"

Her body grows colder, her eyes start struggling to stay awoken. But then, and only then, a magical, blinding glow started to appear for a few seconds.

All of her wounds were gone.