Chapter 2.5 ~ Doomsday

"I..wasn't really kidnapped.."

I heard this, and it made me in pure shock. Before we could continue our comversation, I could hear familiar voices yelling my name. Must be my family again.

"It's time to go for me, I hope that one day we are able to speak again?" I ask, assuming she wouldn't be chosen anyways. Not nice to assume but 3 out of 150 goddesses. Chances are quite slim.

It's still crazy, what I'm doing. I am hoping to meet with a goddess again?? Damn. I remember just a couple days ago I had a strong grudge against that clan. She's not a full goddess though...ugh, I don't know..

"M-me too" she quickly stammers, trying to hide her beetroot blush with her silver hair.

That's....pretty cute... I think to myself, chuckling shortly afterwords at the sight. I wave her goodbye again before going to my family.

~Elizabeth's POV~

I can't believe what I've done. Gelda is gonna be SO pissed at me.

It's true, I'm not a full goddess, but any resemblence to that clan means they have to take you in, and you are commanded to follow their orders, for as long as you may live.

One of their rules, is about the demons. You musn't make contact with them, and guess what I just did?

I made contact with the HEIR TO THE THRONE, Meliodas Lostvayne...

The thing is, he didn't seem so bad, he just seemed...confused, as most people outside my clan would be. Maybe that's what they do to apparently 'lure you in?'

Well, I've got a different belief. How about, only judge people once you know truly their intentions?? Whatever happened to that?

I even BLUSHED at the maniac, just hope I didn't get him in trouble.

Anyways, I go and find my way downstairs over to Gelda, who is still there with the others, so I decide to wait for it to start, instead of desperation for escape.

It's clear that there's no way out, but do I even wanna leave??

What am I saying Ellie, of course you do! Cmon, this is the demon realm, you'll die within seconds!

Gelda runs over to me, seeming to be out of breath.

"I have been looking for you everywhere...where have you been??"

Don't tell her, don't tell her, don't tell her...

"Can I tell you something, important??" I hiss, with a bit of worry but yet somehow excitement on my face. Gelda only looks at me with concern, before I drag her over to what seems to be an empty area.

"Y-you know the heir to the throne..Meliodas..demon prince??" I whisper silently, so literally nobody can hear.

"You're gonna have to speak up, all I heard was demon prince.." she muttered back, but quietly.

"Meliodas. You know him, right? Heir to the throne??" I ask her, a little louder this time.

It's too late. I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I look behind me instantly, only to meet with Meliodas's gaze. In other demons, I see nothing more than a dark hole..surrounding their evilness.

With Meliodas, I see something a demon doesn't have. Emotion.

~Meliodas's POV~

The family call was just about how we're going to operate, and as always, a little scolding for me, fun right??

I decide to go find Elizabeth, since I'm intrigued to know more, and she wasn't where she was before. She wasn't in the crowds, she wasn't ANYWHERE.

Eventually, I see her, with that same "bestie" from before, standing near a wall. They look like they're talking privately, which I tried to restrain myself from distracting them. Unforunately, it didn't work.

Once I had tapped her shoulder, Elizabeth turned around swiftly, only to encounter me, dusts of pink filling in her cheeks. She genuinely looked happy to see me...strange, but also how I feel.

On the other hand, Gelda seemed like she wanted to punch something, or someone.

"Don't you dare touch her!!" she yells, but with all the chattering and crowds that surround it, almost nobody can hear her.

"Gelda, it's okay, honestly. I'm fine..." Elizabeth assures her, looking at her.

"FINE?? The heir to the throne of the demon clan just tried to touch you!!" she shrieks, and Elizabeth kept bringing up her attempts to assure her.

"I'm gonna go. At least these girls understand my importance, have fun breaking that goddess law..." she mutters, angrily, before walking off.

"Bad time??" I asked, nervously, as Elizabeth shakes her head.

"She's usually like that, she'll be fine within 5 minutes."

"I guess it's from all the stress, eh? Oh!  We're about to start, good luck- I mean..uh..I don't know how to word it.." I say, panickingly.

"I get what you mean. Cya!" Elizabeth exclaims, as I rush over to one of the thrones.

Our father pulls out the bell, used every year to gather silence, and to announce that the ceremony would begin. All I could look at was Elizabeth. I hope she's not chosen, I don't want her hurt. I think I made a new friend...I think....

"Greetings, goddesses. We are here today for the ceremony of Doomsday to behold. Here are the three demon princes you will be presented with, and will possibly be spending a year with." and he steps back, to give us more of a reveal.

"Heir to the throne, Meliodas, Demon Prince. Known to be the strongest and the deadliest." and all of that important nonsense.

"Alright, now we will be announcing who is assigned with who. But first, we'll be having a 10 minute break with some fine wine to celebrate this occasion." I honestly find it shocking how he can just sit here and pretend the goddesses want to celebrate being kidnapped and especially slaughtered. What was this point in this? We didn't gain power from it at all.

The DK had given me and Zeldris permission to go down and join them, whilst Estarossa was with his father, talking about boring royal duties as usual.

"What's wrong??" Zeldris asks, as I only stare at Elizabeth, cheerfully talking to the other goddesses, as if everything will be okay.

I love Zeldris, but I can't let him know.

Elizabeth and Gelda look at us both, as I awkwardly wave. They walk up towards us, shit shit shit.

Gelda whispers something in Elizabeths ear, which makes her laugh, which I can only assume was about one of us.

"Ignore her, she's drunk." Elizabeth laughs off, but Gelda continues.

"I think, that this Zelly Welly, is so HOT" she says, as she grabs his collar.

Whilst the two walk off doing god knows what, I turn to Elizabeth.

"So, will I ever see you again after this??" I ask, but she only shrugs.

"Depends. I don't think it'd be good if both the supreme diety and the demon king saw us together."

Just as thats stated, Gelda and Zeldris return, with pink kiss marks all over Zeldris, which makes me burst with laughter.

"Shut up. How the fuck do I fix this before father sees??" he asks, and I take him towards the washroom to get him washed, waving a goodbye to both of those goddesses.

I can see us all becoming friends soon.