Chapter 3 ~ Unbelievable Fate

~Meliodas's POV~

After our 10 minute break, me and Zeldris went back to our thrones, as the bell rung again.

"Alright, after some brief discussion, I'm ready to assign the goddesses to each demon prince. Drumrolls please!!!!"

Every year we expect no goddesses to clap or cheer or anything, as it's supposed to be scary for them. But this year, as soon as he said that, Gelda started CLAPPING and CHEERING, getting all faces and eyes towards her and Elizabeth, with Elizabeth's attempts to calm her down.

I actually found it humourous, and I'm just PRAYING I don't let out a laugh or else I'm doomed.

Even Zeldris was laughing at this point, and Estarossa, although he was mostly chuckling.

"Hm. So everyone finds it funny for a foolish goddess to clap? Fine. You asked for your fate. You and that silver girl. Come up here. Your fate has arrived." he says, as if he's some sort of God, which was well, half right half wrong.

"Ooooo, can I get-"

"Shut up, Gelda!!" I heard Elizabeth hiss, but even she was giggling at this.

"Gelda. You'll be with, the oldest prince, Meliodas, since you two are always so humourous." that made my heart drop. I can't do this, no, I'm not killing them. They're too pure for this world.

"Elizabeth, you'll be announced after the other two are." he tells her, and she only makes a nervous laughter. What does he mean???

After he announced two other goddesses, he decided to fess up about what the deal was.

"Elizabeth. You're assigned to me. No questions, anyon-"

"Father, you can't do that-" I start to say, but I get nervous. I know it's a bad idea to tell a leader they cannot do something, but something is telling me something bad will happen if I don't be brave now.

"What was that, Meliodas??" father asked.

"I said, you can't do that. It's against the rules. You have to assign them to demon princes. And I know you'd hurt her."

"Isn't that the point? To hurt goddesses??" he asks me, coldly.

Silence filled the room as we have our little debate.

"Not instantly, though. It's uh..less torture, if you do it instantly. And to have an OP person such as yourself hurt her is just too boring, at least bring her a battle such as us, and then it'll be more...entertaining..." I drift off, regretting everything I just said from the goddesses perspective. I think everyone knew I was just bluffing to get on his good side, but not him.

"Very well. We'll have a deal, since you're so fascinated in her. You have her for the first half of the year, and I have her for the second half. Four goddesses this year instead of 3."

There was no fighting that. I only nodded weakly, before he tosses Elizabeth to me.

I catch her, with Gelda standing at one side.

"I didn't mean all that, okay??" I whisper, and she only nods, before the goddesses are all free.

"Alright, you four are assigned to your rooms. Go have a look around- Oh! And don't even think about trying to escape, our demon princes are always on guard." he says slyly, before leading us to our rooms. We share our room with these goddesses, by the way.

~Timeskip: Into the rooms~

I lead Elizabeth and Gelda into my room, locking the door behind me so that no guards or my father could hear.