Without you my friend

Author's warning:

Continue reading this at your own cost cause I am not willing to be responsible if you end up crying your eyes out! If that's not your cup of tea, then it would be advisable to stay away from this story as it can cause an emotional mess inside ones heart. However, if you like such stuff or if emotional stories don't really phase you, then I welcome you to enjoy this story!

Recommendation:

Read the story with the song "See you again"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

After defeating Kars and landing in the sea, I was rescued and now being taken care for all my injuries by Suzi Q.

At the moment, I was laying in bed, unable to move much, as Suzi Q was applying medicine to my injuries. Looking at her and seeing the effort she puts in taking care of me, my thoughts start to wonder.

'To think that after all that happened I'm still alive. Not just that, but at the moment I even have a cute woman tending to me. Ha! In your face you womenizer Caesar! I didn't need to resort to cheap disgusting tricks like you, yet, I still got a woman's attention!'

That's when my face contorted, realizing what I had just thought of.

'Caesar... That's right, you're...'

I shifted my attention back to Suzi Q. She was happily chittering as a birdie, as she finished up treating my wounds.
I didn't really know what she was saying exactly because I was still kind of spacing out, but slowly I started to pay more attention.

"I'm going to the kitchen now to bring you food, Joseph!" She exclaimed happily as she was about to leave the room. "Oh! I might as well turn on the radio for you since it be too quiet and boring otherwise!" The blonde quickly scurried to the table where a radio was placed turning it on. After doing so, she turned to leave "I'll be back in a bit!" And with that, Suzi Q was out of the room.

I looked back at the radio as my eye got a glimpse of something. It was pieces of a bandana. Caesar's bandana. I remember picking up the left chopped up pieces after the battle with Wamuu, because I couldn't really leave them behind as it is a memory of my dear friend. At the same time, as I was thinking about that, a song started to play and I could hear the lyrics.

🎶It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again🎶

It felt as if the song was trying to string my cords. The lyrics of it resonated with my thoughts making me think about my past away friend even more. I could even feel some sort of wetness forming in the corner of my eyes.

"I kept my promise to you, Caesar. I defeated Wamuu and it's all thanks to you. If it wasn't for your great help in the battle, I don't think I would have made it out alive.. It's true that we didn't really get along all the time, especially in the very beginning, but in the time we spent together for the past month, it seems we got closer... It sucks so much that we managed to get into a huge fight right before your death and we couldn't even make up! Then again, I wouldn't have taken back my words. After all, I was right that you're only gonna get yourself killed if you charge in there like that. However, I guess I apologize now.. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings and I didn't mean for things to end up like this.. Yet, I'm sure you already forgave me as you wouldn't have given everything you had left just to retrieve the antidote for me... Thank you. However you're...'